Coopers release a new extract range

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
they look interesting for sure. interested in the prices that they will be sold for.

They look interesting, might give a couple of them a whirl with a straight base malt mash as the "brewing adjunct" they talk about.

So the hefe (a Belgian style wheat beer?? :huh:) will actually come with a hefeweizen yeast? This should be interesting

Very keen to try this new line, will save a bit of money on yeast if it's true the strains are specific to the type it comes with. But in turn will probably bump up the price

Sweet, hopefully they sell them at Big dub. ( aka LHBS in my area..)

Benn said:
Sweet, hopefully they sell them at Big dub. ( aka LHBS in my area..)
I don't think so Benn.

Big W only sell the base range.

These are replacing some of the Thomas Coopers range so only available from HBS or Coopers online.

A definite wank, like Steamrail etc, everything has to have a stupid concocted story behind it.

Was in Dubya today, they have most of the base and International range but not the Thomas Coopers.

These cans are now out! And at $3 more than the selections range they better be good. Going to have to buy the range and give them a try with adjuncts recommended by coopers. See if there hype is what it's cracked up to be. Pretty excited for something new and the porter & IPA :)

Looks like they might be nice keg fillers

Made the purchase! and for 5 at $89 with the $80 free shipping deal good value. Will put a couple on over the break so will be trying in the new year :)

Bribie G said:
A definite wank, like Steamrail etc, everything has to have a stupid concocted story behind it.
Oh, I don't know. If you think about the information as presented it seems very realistic....it took old Tommie Cooper 86 days on a stinking boat to get to Australia..... he took up making beer, married an innkppers daughter (we all want to do that), who was a great catch because she gave him his first beer recipe.... and as a side line he was a preacher and bootmaker who had a few family secrets, whilst brewing on the devils half.

On second thoughts, stupid concocted story. Thanks for pointing that out Bribie.

If the Thomas Cooper mentioned in this news item in the Adelaide Times of 21 Feb 1854 is the same man as the brewer, then they should produce a brew can called 'Two Pound Brute' (perhaps a heavy, blood red ale).

cooper.jpg

I'd like to read the marketing copy that Coopers come up with to describe it: eg. "Before Thomas Cooper got into brewing in 1862 he was a violent prick ..."

Hahaha ripper!
Either way they'll be a decent pre hopped can. Looking forward to trying the new range

Feldon said:
If the Thomas Cooper mentioned in this news item in the Adelaide Times of 21 Feb 1854 is the same man as the brewer, then they should produce a brew can called 'Two Pound Brute' (perhaps a heavy, blood red ale).

attachicon.gif
cooper.jpg

I'd like to read the marketing copy that Coopers come up with to describe it: eg. "Before Thomas Cooper got into brewing in 1862 he was a violent prick ..."
That is a cracker Feldon. Made me laugh. Maybe you found the back story to the Family Secret Amber Ale.

Looks like there is a new pale ale (boot makers) - not part of original coopers selection...

Anyone made any yet.... are any different...?

To me re-branding = how can we put the price up... $3.00 more is a 20% increase... they'd better be better :)

PS why don't BIGW Wollies stock the Thomas Coopers range.....??? So annoying...

(Thinking about it, probably to keep HBS's happy, but my local is always a few $'s more than others... - that is annoying too :) )

Trustyrusty said:
(Thinking about it, probably to keep HBS's happy, but my local is always a few $'s more than others... - that is annoying too :) )
A few $ more per extract can equates to approximately 5 cents per schooner.......don't worry, be happy......and you are getting service from a guy who is probably supporting his family in a small business, not a spotty faced 15 year old working at Big W. Seems like a bargain when you view it from another angle.

Latest posts

Back