Coopers Pale Ale Kit

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i made this with 1.5kg of extra pale malt and a bag of cascade, was pretty good. although i didnt get to drink too much of it my brother and his mates did that for me.....

Amazing innit?

We all find ourselves taking up Home/Craftbrewing 'cause we're sick of megaswill. Yet conversely find ourselves turning full circle after a few years. Just because we're good brewers and because we can. :lol:

Life is a carsousel.

Warren -

Most of mine is all gone, too. I brewed it according to Cooper's recommendations (but added a finishing hop sachet from a mild irish stout masterbrew) and I think it came out a little thin for my liking. It was lovely and clear though, after 4-5 days outside in a cube, and the friends of mine that tried it like it.

One of them stated approvingly that it tasted like Draught. I let that one slide.

After 2 months in the bottle, I'm upgrading my opinion of this kit (with Goliath aussie pale ale bag).

Had one last night which was the first time i'd tried it in a couple of weeks, and gee it's come good.

A very enjoyable quaffer / session beer. Shared it round with a few HomebrewChallenged people and everyone loved it.

Has a nice clean finish and quite refreshing. It's similar to the original, but no-one will confuse the two ..

Well worth brewing

Mine is in the keg - made up with 1.5kg of LME and the coopers yeast.

Dry Hopped with Tassie Goldings Flowers and CC'ed for 4 weeks....

I agree, boots. I found a few that I'd forgotten about and they were tasting a lot better.

I put one of these down with the brew booster aka enhancer no.2 with 15g cascade 15 mins
5g cluster 15 mins
and and about 3g fuggles 15 mins.

I basically threw in all my old hops and made up to 20l.

Has a nice hoppy flavour now but still just a k+k in the end. will keg it this weekend.

Latest posts

Back