Coopers Pale Ale Clone

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mckenry

Brummagem
Reaction score
Hi All,
After an exhaustive search - I am just gonna ask. What is the consensus on finishing hops for this clone? Every recipe/reference to CPA states that P.O.R. are the finishing hops, or Coopers use none. Most of these posts go way back to 2005 or 6. Anyone done both recently and know which is closer?
Amount at flameout?
I am going to use a CPA culture I made.
It's not even my favourite drop! SWMBO loves the stuff and I thought I'd make a clone for her - it is Xmas after all :lol:
cheers,
mckenry.

p.s. please - I am not trying to start the 'Coopers uses a different yeast at bottling.....' debate - I am gonna use my culture from CPA bottles regardless :p
mckenry

60 min addition only.
Most of the beer's character comes from the yeast.

No finishing hops.

And you're right to use the yeast from the bottles. It's a ripper. Just don't let the temp rise above 20c. I've found 18 is the sweet spot with this one.

I don't use any finishing hops, but I agree that the temp has to be kept around 18 for Coopers to taste right.

Got 2 kegs of it ready for Christmas, 3rd one in fridge to chill before going into keg.

Back