Coopers Ol' Brown Dog - Anyone tried it?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clauddr

Reaction score
Hey guys
Anyone tried Coopers hoppy version of American Brown Ale called Ol Brown Dog?

I threw this on last Sunday with a mate who I'm introducing to brewing. It's bubbling away in the spare room and smells pretty good through the airlock but just wanted to see if anyone's given it a crack and their thoughts.

I've never even tried a brown ale but I liked to look of the ingredients and the flavour description so thought why not!

Here're the ingredients:
Ol Brown Dog
1.7kg Coopers Dark Ale
1.5kg Thomas Coopers Amber Malt
500g Coopers Light Dry Malt
25g Centennial Hops
50g Cascade Hops
300g Crystal Malt Grain
11g BRY-97 Yeast
250g Coopers
Carbonation Drops

Yes I've made I twice , both fines has resulted in my two best beers, I used liquid yeast the second time, Both were great , I've only done about 12 brews though,

Good to know...I'm watching it bubbling away and sniffing the airlock every night HAHA!
12 brews...that's twice as many as I have!

Let us know what you think.
Been making lagers, thinking about something thicker.

Will do bud...must say, if it comes out anything like I'm expecting (and with the feedback above, why wouldn't it?) , it's gonna be pretty damn good!

It's a great brew. I did it for my fourth and it's nearly all done. The first brew I was happy to share with people without having to be there to explain what it was supposed to be

Latest posts

Back