Coopers Mexican Cerveza

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just thought id ask here to keep it all in the same thread...

What SG should i have if i used -

1.7 can of Coopers Mexican Cervesa
500g Dextrose
500g light dried malt
250g maltodextrin

I pitched Saflager yeast at 20deg C, and its now fermenting @ 12 deg in 23L

I took a SG reading before i pitched the yeast, just wondering how far off i am :D

thanks

I just used the kit and Brew enhanceer 2.... I'm assuming the maltodextrin in BE2 gives a higher FG.... It was at 1012 for 2 days, then I racked it and the next day it was still 1012....

I've just bottled a batch of Cerveza today (can + BE2), and it's FG was also 1012. OG was 1040, which seemed a bit low, but it'll do for a quick summer beer.

I made this a while ago

came out surprisengly nice

1 can Coopers Mexican Cerveza
200g Dextrose
500g Candy Sugar
250g Maltodextrin
250g Light Dried Malt Extract
100g Carapils
10g Cascade Hops (15mins)
10g Cascade Hops (Flameout)
Kit yeast at 13*C

Cheers

I made this a while ago
came out surprisengly nice

1 can Coopers Mexican Cerveza
200g Dextrose
500g Candy Sugar
250g Maltodextrin
250g Light Dried Malt Extract
100g Carapils
10g Cascade Hops (15mins)
10g Cascade Hops (Flameout)
Kit yeast at 13*C
Cheers

And how'd it go Cortez?
I love a good lawnmower beer!

SLURPDOG...
That would be no good for me...
The wife does the mowing and does'nt drink..
Cheers
PJ

And how'd it go Cortez?
I love a good lawnmower beer!

It's really nice - very easy drinking - I'd drop back the alcohol just a tad to make it more lawnmowing :D

The candy sugar didn't impart any cidery flavours.

Non home brew drinkers have found this one very nice and easy drinking

Depending if you wanted more flavour you could use a more exciting hop schedule

Cheers

I've just put down my first brew in over 10 years, so am a little rusty.
I put a Coopers Cerveza down on Friday (Australia Day) at 8pm, with yeast pitched at approx 27 degrees. I know this is not ideal but I live in QLD so couldn't be avoided with the equipment I have. Fermentation began almost immediately, and by Saturday the brew was bubbling along rapidly. By Sunday the bubbling through the airlock slowed right down, and yesterday (Monday) it was virtually non-existent. I've kept the wort at a consistent 28 degrees the whole time in a dark area, but am now needing to know when to bottle. The OG was 1036 and I took a reading late last night (on day 3) of 1010. I was thinking that tonight would be the best time to bottle, having been in there for 4 days at a consistent 28 degrees and allowed a little time after fermentation has completed to settle.
Have I left it too late, or is tonight too early ???
Any tips on when to bottle would be appreciated.

I don't want to leave it too late, but by the same token don't want to bottle too early!!!

I've just put down my first brew in over 10 years, so am a little rusty.
I put a Coopers Cerveza down on Friday (Australia Day) at 8pm, with yeast pitched at approx 27 degrees. I know this is not ideal but I live in QLD so couldn't be avoided with the equipment I have. Fermentation began almost immediately, and by Saturday the brew was bubbling along rapidly. By Sunday the bubbling through the airlock slowed right down, and yesterday (Monday) it was virtually non-existent. I've kept the wort at a consistent 28 degrees the whole time in a dark area, but am now needing to know when to bottle. The OG was 1036 and I took a reading late last night (on day 3) of 1010. I was thinking that tonight would be the best time to bottle, having been in there for 4 days at a consistent 28 degrees and allowed a little time after fermentation has completed to settle.
Have I left it too late, or is tonight too early ???
Any tips on when to bottle would be appreciated.

I don't want to leave it too late, but by the same token don't want to bottle too early!!!

I would Rack it and give it another 5-7 days, I connot tell you how much it will improve your beer for such a small effort.

I am drinking one right now, Standard Kit (coopers Cerveza), 1kg dex, coopers yeast, it has been in the bottle now for 6 weeks, in the fridge for 2 weeks, and is one of the easiest drinking beers I have done, I like an active beer, so I bulk primed with 190gram of Dex into largies, these things hold head to the last mouthful and bubble like crazy.

My "none home brew" freinds ask for more and want to know what it is, when told its brew they dont believe me, but still want more, two guys have acctually started brewing after having a few of these, they cannot belive its home made (sort of).

Rack, bulk prime, store and enjoy.

I do two brews now each time, one is always this kit.

Wow; this thread is an epic. This new Cooper's product has really got everyone going.

I suggest if you are really looking for an authentic Corona taste and you're a bottler (like me) you should use green or clear bottles and then leave them in direct sunlight for 30 minutes or so to impart that "skunky" imported characteristic you get with light-struck beers like Corona and Sol. I wouldn't do this with any other beer that isn't served with citrus though.

I would Rack it and give it another 5-7 days, I connot tell you how much it will improve your beer for such a small effort.

I am drinking one right now, Standard Kit (coopers Cerveza), 1kg dex, coopers yeast, it has been in the bottle now for 6 weeks, in the fridge for 2 weeks, and is one of the easiest drinking beers I have done, I like an active beer, so I bulk primed with 190gram of Dex into largies, these things hold head to the last mouthful and bubble like crazy.

My "none home brew" freinds ask for more and want to know what it is, when told its brew they dont believe me, but still want more, two guys have acctually started brewing after having a few of these, they cannot belive its home made (sort of).

Rack, bulk prime, store and enjoy.

I do two brews now each time, one is always this kit.

Hi Eugene,
What is your OG and FG on this kit. The one I made was about 4.5% which I'm happy with but it was flat.. no head at all :(

mine turned out fine (its 2 months old now and damn great) its about 5%

Mine gets a good head, and ive found it has more to do with the glass as well. Ive got some coopers 345ml beer glasses that hold a good head until i finish.

I find after trying a few different brews now its a great lawnmower beer. Light on taste and body, but very easy to drink.

If you want some extra hops, find some Glacier. They have a wonderful lemon flavour/aroma that would complement a Corona clone nicely.
[/quote]

any idea where you can get Glacier hops from?

Sorry, if this has been covered. I skimmed the thread and didn't see anything. Was just wondering if anyone has done a toucan Mexican Cerveza? Either as a Cerveza with a cheap can like Farmland/Coles Lager, or with 2 Cerveza cans.

I wanna give one a try (with some lemon/lime zest and Saaz hops) and was just wondering how it would come out? How much water to add? Whether to add the kit yeasts or a specific lager yeast? etc.

:beer:

Sorry, if this has been covered. I skimmed the thread and didn't see anything. Was just wondering if anyone has done a toucan Mexican Cerveza? Either as a Cerveza with a cheap can like Farmland/Coles Lager, or with 2 Cerveza cans.

I wanna give one a try (with some lemon/lime zest and Saaz hops) and was just wondering how it would come out? How much water to add? Whether to add the kit yeasts or a specific lager yeast? etc.

:beer:
Dont think a toucan cerveza has been covered in this thread. spose you could you a larger and a cerveza as a toucan but you would want to find an unhopped larger or its will be bitter (dont quote me on that though). Coopers cerveza is pretty cheap at the supermarket. Someone like Bconnery or Wortgames may have done a toucan cerveza.

Instead of using saaz try using glacier hops. theres threads talking about glacier hops also. It will give its a lemon taste to it.

If you use the zest make sure you dont get any of the white stuff (pith) in the zest. its the pith that is bitter.

this is sort of on topic

sorry for the hijack

mexican cerveza ie carona,cantina,sol, has a certain taste about it and an aroma what are the hops used to acheive this has anyone ever got it ?

del

Dont think a toucan cerveza has been covered in this thread. spose you could you a larger and a cerveza as a toucan but you would want to find an unhopped larger or its will be bitter (dont quote me on that though). Coopers cerveza is pretty cheap at the supermarket.

Yeah, I didn't think I saw anything on it. It sounds interesting. As for the bitterness thing, I had considered this. I noticed a few people had said that the brew wasn't bitter enough. But yeah, maybe 2x Cerveza cans would be better. I was thinking 2 Cerveza cans with a little Dextrose to bump up the alc. vol.
A little lemon/lime zest, all topped up to about 25-26L. Then some Saaz hops in the secondary for aroma.

I considered the Glacier hops, but don't want it to be too lemony. With the zest in the wort and then maybe a wedge of lemon/lime with the beer when its served, that should be more than enough. Don't wanna overdo it.

Anyway, if anyone has attempted a toucan with a Mex. Cerveza, i'd sure like to hear about it.

mexican cerveza ie carona,cantina,sol, has a certain taste about it and an aroma what are the hops used to acheive this has anyone ever got it ?

I'm not so sure the flavour and aroma can be put down to the hops. I'd always guessed the distinctive 'mexican' taste was due to the use of some sort of adjunct. (Rice)?

Anyway, if anyone has attempted a toucan with a Mex. Cerveza, i'd sure like to hear about it.

Wortgames wrote about it earlier in this thread. Page 10. "Not bad", apparently.

I put down one of these down today. Just to see what it's like.

Boiled up 500ml of liquid rice malt (from health food isle in Coles) and 500g of dextrose with 2L of water and 20g of Bavarian Saaz pellets for 5 minutes. Strained into the fermenter with kit contents and topped up tp 23L with cold water. Pitched the kit yeast (which is an ale and lager blend) at 23 degrees C and took it out to the laundry to enjoy some cold nights.

I have just put one on keg now, looks and smells ok but will try taste test tomorow!! :beerbang:

Latest posts

Back