Coopers Mexican Cerveza

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sometimes they can be a bit sluggish and go to sleep on the job a lower temps.

sometimes they can be a bit sluggish and go to sleep on the job a lower temps.

This morning I noticed there is a sulphur smell coming from the fermenter. A quick google tells me that this happens with low temps and it seems like it usually dissipates but not always. I've removed the ice and will let it come up a few degreez

This morning I noticed there is a sulphur smell coming from the fermenter. A quick google tells me that this happens with low temps and it seems like it usually dissipates but not always. I've removed the ice and will let it come up a few degreez
Temp change is the enemy of brew....stay steady. Having said that, it won't kill it to go up a couple degrees....but I'd say, stay with your current temp.

oh, and don't worry about the sulphur smell.

Cheers - sulphur smell has largely given way to a more palatable "ambience" - the temperature is varying between about 19C and 22C - I'm doing my best to keep this as stable as possible, but the ambient temp in the room is fluctuating (less so than the rest of the house) - will hopefully be OK

Latest posts

Back