Coopers Ipa Suggestions

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Van Moolenbroek

Reaction score
Hoping to get some suggestions on a good IPA Recipe including some hops additions and some specialty grains as well. The kit is a Coopers IPA, I have a good supply of dry malt, and would probably use the kit yeast unless otherwise advised. The grains I have to work with are Carapils, Caramunich1, Crystal malt pale. Any hops suggestions would be okay. Any good recipes or clone suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Hoping to get some suggestions on a good IPA Recipe including some hops additions and some specialty grains as well. The kit is a Coopers IPA, I have a good supply of dry malt, and would probably use the kit yeast unless otherwise advised. The grains I have to work with are Carapils, Caramunich1, Crystal malt pale. Any hops suggestions would be okay. Any good recipes or clone suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Hey Mark,
I just made a Coopers IPA recently, and the only thing I dropped in was Extra Ale yeast. I had a sample last night, and it's turned out brilliant. You won't be disappointed if you don't add any grains that's for sure.

Clint

Might be best off reculturing the yeast from a coopers bottle too instead of the kit yeast, add some extra LDME and maybe dry hop some POR.

I don't know how good an IPA a coopers yeast would make. Give some Danstar Nottingham a shot. That stuff is an animal.

Sorry my mistake, I was thinking of a Pale Ale Clone :eek:

I'm putting down a Coopers IPA on Monday.

IPA tin, 1kg LDME, 500g Dextrose, around 60g of Cascade in the hop schedule and S04 yeast. Should be a corker.

Cheers.

bottled a Thomas Coopers selection IPA two weeks ago

Just the tin of extract, 1kg LDME, 15gm pride of Ringwood Hops and safale yeast.

Early test very good but needs loads more bottle conditioning so having to wait patiently

i just done an IPA recently for the first time with some left overs that i wanted to get rid of, and was pretty happy with how it turned out. even my commercial drinking mates were impressed and kept coming back for more.

200g crystal
400g dex
430g ldme
500g dry wheat malt
20g goldings @ 15 & 5
can coopers IPA
uso5 @ 19degrees

one of the few brews ive made with my own recipie that ill make again.

I did the Cooper's IPA kit just recently, turned out amazing imo. I used the tin with 1kg ldme, 500g dextrose, and 11.5g packet of us-05 safale yeast. It was plenty well hopped for my liking. Cheers!

Thanks for all the replies to date, what a great source of information, should have been into this site when I first got started.

In the end I settle on a combination of my own thoughts and a thread I read on an American style IPA, not sure how it will go but its chugging away nicely in the brew room at 22c.

Coopers IPA
1.3kg LDME
100g Carapils
100g Pale Crystal
50g Caramunich1
15g of Nelson Sauvin @ 15min, 5 min, and into the fermenter, 45g in total
Kit yeast, pitch at 22c

Steeped the grains bagged in some swiss voile in 4l water for 30mins at 70c, removed the voile bag, then put the LDME in a light rolling boil until the hops schedule was completed.
Not sure how the kit yeast will go but can't get much locally unless I order it in.

Plugged the numbers into the brew calc sheet and it said it was a bit too balance towards hoppy, so will have to see how it goes?

Cheers,

Mark

Scanning this thread I'm dissappointed it got this far without someone mentioning Fuggles,

IPA without Fuggles is like a pie without sauce, IMHO.

Scanning this thread I'm dissappointed it got this far without someone mentioning Fuggles,

IPA without Fuggles is like a pie without sauce, IMHO.

I want to make a coopers IPA too. I have some East Kent Goldings and some Fuggles. Could I use the EKG for bittering and the Fuggles dry hopped for aroma and flavour? How would they go together? They are both English.

I'd go the other way around. Fuggles to bitter, ekg late and dry hopped.

Latest posts

Back