Coopers + hops recipe?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Micko,

I did the Coopers "Authentic IPA" recipe and dry-hopped with 50grams each of Citra and Galaxy for the last 5 days of a 14 day ferment. It turned out a real treat. Friends and mates loved it. I've also been asked for the recipe by a few mates that home brew as well. It's a real simple recipe. Only real issue is that it takes 2 packets of american ale yeast to kick it off. But apart from that it's real simple and a great end result.

Cheer,s

Pete

Hey thanks Pete. What temp did u have it at ? I'm Assuming u used a fermentation fridge for the 14 day brew ?

How's this: I did a muntons Scottish heavy ale and after dropping in the can, noticed I left the tap open. Lost about half the can syrup.

So I added 1.5 k lme and a dark booster (no. 25? I think) , made it up to 19 lts. 60 og. gave it 14 days and it's the most amazing beer. Tastes nutty & honey. Pours like a Guinness. 5.5 % but doesn't taste of strong alcohol.

Very surprised. And happy :)

Cheers. Micko.

Hi Micko,

Sorry for the tardy reply.

I don't use a fridge (yet). When I did my last IPA batch it fermented at around 23C for the 2 weeks. I have also brewed this recipe at around 27C (middle of summer) without any issues.

Ah the old Scottish ales. I did the Coopers Scotch Ale Recipe and it was a big heavy brew. It felt like it had scotch whiskey in it. Had quite a kick.

Glad your mishap has turned out nicely. Its great to experiment.

Am about to bottle my Bracko Midnight Ale tomorrow. Its an extract recipe I created using 3kg of dark dry malt, a little matlodextrin and 3 hops (perle motueka and mosaic) in a schedule. IBU of 58 and ABV of 5.6%. It's somewhere between an american brown ale and a stout. Should be a hoot.

Cheers,

Pete

Mmm im salivating. Lol.

I've found the fridge makes it so easy. Just dial in the deg for cold crashing after its fermented. . Clear beer the easy way ! And the best thing is if ur out of beer u can force carb as soon as u keg it as its already cold. Insta-beer.

I just did a muntons ipa bitter and just added a little extra ldm & no. 20 booster. Bloody ripper ! Controlled temp and so5 makes all the diff.

Cheers mate and enjoy. !

Back