Coopers Heritage Lager

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Parrothead

Reaction score
I put this one together tonight:

1 Cooper's Heritage Lager
1 can of Coopers Light LME , 1.5kg
10 Crystal, .22kg
14 grams Hallertau leaf hops, 20 minutue boil
14 grams Hallertau leaf hops, 5 minute boil
Saflager dry yeast

I was sort of aiming for an American Standard Lager. Using the BeerTools recipe calculator, this was supposed to have an OG of around 1046, but it came in at 1062. I'm not really worried about it, so I get what I get. I threw in all of those extra hops because the first time I made the Heritage Lager, it turned out a bit more sweet than I care for. We'll see what happens! :rolleyes:

Sounds a robust brew :) The Hallertau should give it a nice lift. The OG is probably in the late 40s, two cans of goop normally turn out around XXXX or VB strength. Did you take the sample through the tap or sneak some off the top of the brew? If through the tap then you probably just got some more concentrated layer at the bottom. Should turn out a tad less than 5%

Sounds a robust brew :) The Hallertau should give it a nice lift. The OG is probably in the late 40s, two cans of goop normally turn out around XXXX or VB strength. Did you take the sample through the tap or sneak some off the top of the brew? If through the tap then you probably just got some more concentrated layer at the bottom. Should turn out a tad less than 5%

I don't have the Coopers brew keg, I use a 6.5 gallon glass carboy. I used a wine thief to take the sample. I usually don't bother with testing the OG when I use Coopers kits, but since I modified this one a bit I thought I would. Those extra hops really made it smell great!!

I don't have the Coopers brew keg, I use a 6.5 gallon glass carboy. I used a wine thief to take the sample. I usually don't bother with testing the OG when I use Coopers kits, but since I modified this one a bit I thought I would. Those extra hops really made it smell great!!

Can anyone tell me what kind of hops that Coopers uses in the Heritage Lager kit? PoR perhaps?

Back