Coopers Australian Lager

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

griffo17

Reaction score
G'day Everyone,

Been a while since I've posted, just back from 8 months O/S and it's time to get into the brewing again!

On the weekend I came across a can of Coopers Australian Lager from my local supermarket for the bargain price of $7. The problem is I don't know what I want to do with it? I've never used the budget Coopers cans before although I'm sure they'll still make a nice brew!

Any suggestions? Should I get another one and try my first two-can? Maybe just throw in some LDME?

I'm a lover of everything lager/pilsner/draught and also love the black stuff (although that's another story entirely!)

Cheers & Beers

Griffo

:p

G'day Everyone,

Been a while since I've posted, just back from 8 months O/S and it's time to get into the brewing again!

On the weekend I came across a can of Coopers Australian Lager from my local supermarket for the bargain price of $7. The problem is I don't know what I want to do with it? I've never used the budget Coopers cans before although I'm sure they'll still make a nice brew!

Any suggestions? Should I get another one and try my first two-can? Maybe just throw in some LDME?

I'm a lover of everything lager/pilsner/draught and also love the black stuff (although that's another story entirely!)

Cheers & Beers

Griffo

:p

Add 2 x Coopers Lager together as a toucan + 20g Saaz + Nottingham yeast

or

Coopers Brew Enhancer 2 (LDME,malto,dextrose) + 20-40g Saaz/Perle/Northern Brewer? for a German feel + Nottingham

Keep it cool (even down to 16C) for a clearer 'lager-esque' brew using an ale yeast, like a Kolsch I guess.

Good luck, let us know the results.

Stef

Why not try and turn it a bit pilsner-ie!! if thats what you like!!

Boil up some LDME and DEX add some SAAZ and bitter it up!! throw in some chinook late for a little flavour/aroma and call it a beer!

So;
Can of goo
Can of LME
300g [odd] LDME
300g [odd] of DEX
15g of SAAZ 30 min+ boil w/ LDME and DEX
10g Chinook near end of boil

S04 or my fav. US05!

OR whatever... you asked!

Cheers
Cocko

I see quite often that people seem to think draught beer is a style of a beer.
Griffo, it's not.
Don't mind me, it's just a little pet hate of mine :)

I was given a can the other day. Not my favourite coopers can or beer style so I didn't spend too much on it.

500g dlme, 500g dextrose, 20g tettanger hops in the boil, 20g for aroma (I already had the hops in the freezer), recultured coopers pale ale liquid yeast I already had in the fridge. If I didn't have that yeast handy I would have used us-5 or nottingham yeast in it.

so-4 is a bitch of a yeast below 16*C, all my recent brews have needed warming up. Coopers, nottingham and us05 havent had a problem at 14*C

Back