Coolum, Places To Go

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kabooby

Hey muscly arms!!!!
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Going to be spending a week in Coolum starting Thursday. I have already planned 2 games of golf and a trip to Australia zoo and was wondering if there are any good pubs or breweries to visit. Even if you could point me to a good bottleshop so I can pick up some take aways.

Thanks in advance

Kabooby :)

On the way to/back from Australia Zoo go to First Choice [Liquor store] in Chancellor Park [near the Uni], it's a little off the highway but they have a good selection of Belgian, a few German beers if you want takeaways. :icon_cheers:

Sunshine Coast Brewery down at Kunda Park is well worth a look and the lunch menu is good and cheap. Well worth trying are the rauch, bitter & hefeweizen.
Give beersom a PM.

Will definately try and get to the brewery. I will PM Beersom to see what times you can drop inn.

Welcome to God's own country. B)

The Pig 'n Whistle in Maroochydore have some good Pommie beers on tap and LCPA as well. If you get up to the Hinterland, there's a pub at Montville with 15 English beers. There's also a First Choice in Maroochydore with some good takeaways (same selection as Chancellor Park, but closer to Coolum).

The Coolum SLSC has good reasonably priced meals, but not that good beer selection (go the Coopers Pale on tap). There's a number of bottle shops in Coolum, but mostly stock the usual swill - probably the best of a bad lot is the Salty Dog on the Esplanade (David Low Way) near McDonalds.

Cheers
Peter

Well, no point making my own thread.

I'll be around there somewhere for 5 days from Thursday.

Perhaps we could coincide a trip to the brewery?

Perhaps we could coincide a trip to the brewery?

Twist my arm

I can feel a drink coming on :chug:

Not sure if we are going to hire a car yet so hopefully its easy to get to. I have PMed Beersom to see what times they are open

Twist my arm

I can feel a drink coming on :chug:

Not sure if we are going to hire a car yet so hopefully its easy to get to. I have PMed Beersom to see what times they are open

You'll need a car, and preferrably a designated driver :icon_drunk:

I might be interested in popping along to the brewery too if a few people are heading there. Been up this way for a while now, but still haven't ventured down for a look. Might have to make a day of it!

Cheers

hey guys,
How does Monday afternoon sound???
Its generally nice and quiet then and I'll be here for definite on that day.... and may be able to let you have a bit of a look see at my gear (normally a no go area)

If that works out I might even be able to persuade Greg (brewery owner) to finally release the Rauch bier.
Let me know what you think.

kinda a quick ahb get together.

Ian

Shall we pencil this in for Monday arvo then? Assuming I'm even coming away tomorrow due to medical issues (not mine).

I have Screwtop's phone number, and will be sending him mine shortly, but I'd perfer to have this organised by the time I'm scheduled to leave tomorrow.

I've got an RDO this Monday coming, so I'd be up for a tour of the brewery if I'm invited... <_<

Be good to meet a few people I've yet to...

Cheers!

Almost

twist.jpg

Little bit more

Batz

Im still keen. I am leaving tomorrow morning and will be checking the thread occasionally to see what resolves.

If I had more notice I could have organised some Sharers Bock for Screwtop. Word is around here that he likes it :p

Im still keen. I am leaving tomorrow morning and will be checking the thread occasionally to see what resolves.

If I had more notice I could have organised some Sharers Bock for Screwtop. Word is around here that he likes it :p

Bugger missed out on the Sharers Bock! Was up at lake Cootharaba for a couple of nights, got back yesterday and missed this thread. If it's next Monday at SCB count me in, have two girls to introduce to Beersom and Greg, will bring them too. Looking forward to seeing Bonj today. Optometrist appointment at 11:00 mate, rest of the day is free.

Better get yourself down this way for beers while in the neighbourhood Kabooby.

Screwy

Hey Screwy,

It doesn't look like I'll be able to drop in today. If you read my email to the brewerhood you'll know why.
Have a hospital visit this morning, and have no idea when we're heading north.

Hope to see you on Monday... all going well.

-Bonj

Enjoy schoolies while you are there mate :D

Back