Cool Wort In Pot Or Sealed Cube?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are they "pin-locks", as in when you disconnect them they hold on to the fluid in the line?

Cheers,
sim

Yes they are but it doesn't hold the liquid because the flow is slow and doesn't fill the entire hose so air can get in and allow the liquid to flow out.

Where did you get that?

Anyone know where these are available, Bunnings? I checked out the sponsors but can't see them. I want a quick disconnect coming out of my March pump. At this stage I have a three piece tap with a barb on it.

you could also use the normal brass (yeah i know, brass) clip on hose fittings. I have them on all my pots and hoses and they work great! Not too fussed about the small amount of brass these fittings add to my brewery. In a perfect world, i'd have some kind of stainless option, but these are cheap as ($5 for each fitting) from a local general store type shop, and they do a great job.

One more question should I use two packets of the us 05 yeast I'm going to use in this recipe? Or will one packet do with eight liters.

One properly rehydrated packet of US-05 will be plenty for 8L

One properly rehydrated packet of US-05 will be plenty for 8L

Quite possibly too plenty! Probably worth splitting that pack of US05 in half. Although I reckon over-pitching is not as bad as under-pitching.

Yes they are but it doesn't hold the liquid because the flow is slow and doesn't fill the entire hose so air can get in and allow the liquid to flow out.

Thanks mate.

sim

Back