Convoluted (twisted) Copper

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have a quick search of past posts. This topic was discussed a number of times in the past. Consesus was that you could find suppliers, but that it was prohibatively expensive. I found a supplier in Adelaide, but chocked on my own tounge when they told me the price. I can't remember off hand exactly how much it was, probably because the shock has caused a mental block.

Cheers
MAH

I pretty much did the same as MAH when a fridgey gave me a price, that is forgot the price straight away and thought its not worth it and it would be better to just buy one from overseas. Good luck with finding a good price anyhow but thats two already that have stated the price is not really worth building your own.
The price I would have been told would have been the cost price to the refridgeration company too and even then I didn't give it a second thought, just took the normal stuff.

Good luck.
Jayse

Grain and Grape are selling Morebeer's Chillus Convolutus for about $250.

As MAH and Jayse said could be a better option in the long run. :)

Warren -

Not as flash, but I did this using a pair of pliers with the jaws ground smooth, to a bit of 1/2" tube. I get a good chill with a 5 metre CFC.

P3050004.JPG

I read the past posts and thought I would ask if anyone had found anything since.

I have since asked at work and they think they get some in for me.

another option is to wrap copper wire around normal 3/8 pipe needs tacked every few feet this will increase the turbulance around the copper pipe I will try and dig up a pic

Back