Continuing Rant Thread - Get it Off Ya Chest here

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My misses just drove 1.5 hours to pick up a lounge she got off eBay for $100 after emails and such he told her where to pick up after the Fact she gets there he said I can't give it to you that cheap sorry to waste your time

She won't tell me I had people on the phone ready to collect but no can't do that she said

Been off site for 5 days come Monday due to an engineer who is rooting around with what should be a simple solution to bridge a tilt panel join where my car lift rail brackets need to be. Join should not have even been there to begin with.

Why is it always the simple things that take the longest?

Next door neighbour has been complaining (politely, to us) about noise levels sometimes when we play music or movies at night. Being accommodating people, we have apologised and do our best to monitor levels, especially late at night. So far, so good

Today she accosted my partner as she rode home from work saying it was too loud and she could hear it through the walls. Walls are brick but it's a street of terrace houses so it's all joined.

Thing is from 3pm till 4 pm, I was playing music through our system - not weedeater, not brighter death now, sourvein or gruntsplatter but rowland s howard and townes van zandt. The rest of the day I played youtube music through my mobile phone speaker while I cleaned the house and worked on a drawing. Country music in my own home at 3 pm on a sunday in inner metro melbourne.

**** off sweetheart. Neighbourly relations may be about to sour.

Time to buy a neglected Shih Tzu from the RSPCA and leave it out the back with the possums all night...

Time for her to move to North Balwyn. She told my lady 'it's not really that kind of neighbourhood'.

Jesus on a tricycle, woman, the empress hotel is two minutes ******* walk away. Go live in a bubble.

manticle said:
Country music in my own home at 3 pm on a sunday in inner metro melbourne.
Perfectly justified in complaining then. There really is no excuse for country music. Ever.

Rubbish. Some of it is amazing.

I'm not talking glenn campbell or dolly parton, I'm talking about a bloke who was in and out of mental institutions, drink and drug addicted who managed to produce loads of rich, original material, including odes to the dead hobo that no-one else cared about, who's been covered by people like rowland s howard and keith richards, has his own versions of classics like dirty old town and is magic.

None of this sanitised, nashville shite, this is real, gritty, modern us folk music. No hoedowns or line dancing, just songs about dead flowers, needles and spoons.
Without people like this, there would be no nick cave for starters. Some might argue that's a good thing but I would not.

A pox on your misrepresentation of country music my friend. Every underground genre of music has had the subversiveness taken out of it by marketing bollocks, including jazz, punk, industrial, reggae, you name it. Van zandt is a voice for the downtrodden.

zooesk said:
My misses just drove 1.5 hours to pick up a lounge she got off eBay for $100 after emails and such he told her where to pick up after the Fact she gets there he said I can't give it to you that cheap sorry to waste your time
Reading below with Manticles whoa's ,shit in a padded post pack using Manticles neighbours name and address and post it.

Actually reading above....

Manticle, shit it your neighbours letter box and blame zooesk.

Yep had a few have I :).

Take a shit in both letter boxes and blame it on the boogie

manticle said:
Rubbish. Some of it is amazing.

I'm not talking glenn campbell or dolly parton, I'm talking about a bloke who was in and out of mental institutions, drink and drug addicted who managed to produce loads of rich, original material, including odes to the dead hobo that no-one else cared about, who's been covered by people like rowland s howard and keith richards, has his own versions of classics like dirty old town and is magic.

None of this sanitised, nashville shite, this is real, gritty, modern us folk music. No hoedowns or line dancing, just songs about dead flowers, needles and spoons.
Without people like this, there would be no nick cave for starters. Some might argue that's a good thing but I would not.

A pox on your misrepresentation of country music my friend. Every underground genre of music has had the subversiveness taken out of it by marketing bollocks, including jazz, punk, industrial, reggae, you name it. Van zandt is a voice for the downtrodden.

Darn tootin.

http://youtu.be/oQb292uJGVA

Our camera has dust inside on the sensor & lens. Find instructions online & youtube on how to fix this.
Seized screw on the outer casing. After playing with it and stripping the thread, I resort to the drill and smallest bit I have.
Pull it all apart, the lense is held in by not one, but THREE more tiny phillips head screws with STRIPPED F##KING HEADS!

Time for a new camera.

The last camera I pulled apart required a set of stilsons and a cold chisel. My arms are no longer long enough to even read the newspaper now so there is no hope on gods earth that I could pull apart a modern camera these days

Reckon the work experience kid put this thing together.
Seriously, they're jewel size screws - what did he use to tighten them, a rattle gun?

My wife thinks it's better for someone other than me to disassemble and clean her camera. I agree.

petesbrew said:
Reckon the work experience kid put this thing together.
Seriously, they're jewel size screws - what did he use to tighten them, a rattle gun?
Old motorcycles have shown me steel screws in alloy don't always make for an easy dismantle given time, particularly if the item has seen a bit of sea side work. Galvanic corrosion works better than Loctite 263. They really should be using some form of anti seize at assembly.
But if you could fix it, you wouldn't need to buy a new camera.

Latest posts

Back