Continuing Rant Thread - Get it Off Ya Chest here

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You been to the wrong bits mate. Most of it smells amazing, a lot of it is clean as a whistle and there are insects in my inner city suburb.
I love insects anyway.

Except house flies.

manticle said:
You been to the wrong bits mate. Most of it smells amazing, a lot of it is clean as a whistle and there are insects in my inner city suburb.
I love insects anyway.

Except house flies and cockroaches.
FTFY. LOL.

Mardoo said:
So what does appeal to you? Sorry, not being a gobshite, I'm just curious what takes its place for you.

I'd much rather be sitting in a bar (whether commercial or at someone's place) or the football or at a gig or pretty much anywhere else, give me civilisation any day of the week.

My rant is directed to my co-workers who just don't know how bloody spoilt they are.

A tea room that provides; 5 copy's of 2 different newspapers every day, generally a morning and afternoon tea every day, which could be cheese, scones, fruits plate. A big flat screen tv so when it's a late the news or normal tv or sport is on. Loaves of bread. Last but not least a big bugger off coffee machine, which grinds fresh beans for every cup.

Do you think these people are grateful? Does my head in.

And are they hiring?

Hahaha, healthcare...

In other news the new guy at work is a spastic so maybe they will be hiring again.

Tahoose said:
Hahaha, healthcare...

In other news the new guy at work is a spastic so maybe they will be hiring again.
I work in the pre-hospital emergency health area.

We used to be provided with tins of International Roast at work but this has been stopped due to cut backs.

Things must be really crook when a tin of International Roast is pushing the budget into the red.

International Roast? Damn that's bad coffee

I've always been intrigued by Nescafé blend 43 which appears to be the standard crap coffee just about anywhere. The name implies there were 42 worse blends, and that's hard to believe (unless international roast was blend 1 I guess)

Blind Dog said:
International Roast? Damn that's bad coffee

I've always been intrigued by Nescafé blend 43 which appears to be the standard crap coffee just about anywhere. The name implies there were 42 worse blends, and that's hard to believe (unless international roast was blend 1 I guess)
I've often thought the same thing about Nescafe. After 42 previous attempts, that was either the best they could do, or they just gave up. As for International Dust, I'm pretty sure that it's what's swept up off the floor after a coffee run at Nescafe....... It disgusts me that I have to go and buy a tin of it when my folks come to stay.

Cheers,
RB

Surely no international roast is a good thing? that shit'l kill you...

Nescafe 43 was so named, because they claimed originally it contained 43 beans for every cup.

All coffee is crap, but then I'm a confirmed leaf tea drinker, and beer and wine of course.

warra48 said:
Nescafe 43 was so named, because they claimed originally it contained 43 beans for every cup.

All coffee is crap, but then I'm a confirmed leaf tea drinker, and beer and wine of course.
43 beans of what? And stop ruining a great theory with the truth

What is it with International Roast and health facilities....

When I was doing contract work in hospitals IR was the only coffee available...and I use the term Coffee very, very loosely...carpark dirt had more flavour

It was IR that turned me into a tea drinker....

I thought International Roast was the bottom of the barrel.

Then one day, many moons ago at TAFE, I was introduced to Maxwell House...

Isn't that where Robert Timms lives? Same neighbourhood at least.

Nothing beats

144815_coles_smart_buy_instant_coffee_granules_200g.jpg

i-a-n said:
I'm in health and work like a slave!

I sure am doing something wrong!

Mattress said:
I work in the pre-hospital emergency health area.

We used to be provided with tins of International Roast at work but this has been stopped due to cut backs.

Things must be really crook when a tin of International Roast is pushing the budget into the red.

Ducatiboy stu said:
Where do you work again...

Camo6 said:
And are they hiring?
In Theatre, they have to keep the surgeons happy, just happens that we minions get to benefit also. I'm not going to argue with that!

Blend 43 is our backup, but at a pinch I'd opt for a black tea over that away.

Gone are the days where i used to love a double NATO coffee.

NATO Standard - 1 serve blend 43, 2 sugars and milk.

Back