Continuing Rant Thread - Get it Off Ya Chest here

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love being told that I'm lazy because I'm GenY.

I worked as builders offsider for my dad in my summer holidays when I was 14-17 years old.
Worked on a dairy farm for about 5 years starting when I was 17.
While I was at uni I was working 30 hours a week and 60+ in the summer.
Bought a house when I was 21. Spent nights after work and weekends renovating it.
Working full time now which still involves the occasional 12-14 maybe 16 hour day.
Oh plus I don't go home to a cooked dinner every night because this is the 21st century and wives now work full time too including Saturdays and Sundays.
Working after hours renovating our second house which is going a bit slow because sometimes I work late into the evenings as I'm trying to establish my own business which even when up and running will still have be taken care of in the early mornings and late evenings and weekends after my real job finishes.

But you're right. I'm just F*%king lazy and want everything without having to work for it.

Not For Horses said:
But you're right. I'm just F*%king lazy and want everything without having to work for it.
Not only that but Tasmanian as well so you can add welfare dependent to your list...

Airgead said:
Not only that but Tasmanian as well so you can add welfare dependent to your list...
Please publish the survey to support your argument on this issue.

eungaibitter1 said:
**** I hate watching telly. Who are the selectors? Where do these programs come from? Who pays for this tripe? I get in the shit because reading is apparently "boring".
I have posted this before in response to similar ideas - very appropriate.

The safety for work aspect is debatable - don't clink the link if swear words are verboten at your work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Mgn-fXZRiM

Not For Horses said:

I worked as builders offsider for my dad in my summer holidays when I was 14-17 years old.
Bought a house when I was 21. Spent nights after work and weekends renovating it.
Working full time now which still involves the occasional 12-14 maybe 16 hour day.
Oh plus I don't go home to a cooked dinner every night because this is the 21st century and wives now work full time too including Saturdays and Sundays.
Working after hours renovating our second house which is going a bit slow because sometimes I work late into the evenings as I'm trying to establish my own business which even when up and running will still have be taken care of in the early mornings and late evenings and weekends after my real job finishes.

Bludger.

Not For Horses said:
And you've probably walked on some old man's grass, requiring him to yell at you to get off his lawn. The internet equivalent will happen here shortly, once the elderly have woken up from their afternoon nap.

Not For Horses said:

In my experience this is a city/country thing, the country born apprentices I supervised were hard workers, always wanted overtime and always asked what's next after they had finished their previous job, the city boys were the lazyiest Fuka I had ever dealt with, with exception to a couple, all they wanted to do was hide, finish their apprenticeship having learnt nothing then get a job in the mines doing fukall for heaps of money. The city kids were more theory smart though. Even though I was only in my mid 20's myself, it was obvious as Fuk to split the difference when supervising 20-40 apprentices in Brissie.

What's with all these morons who line up at Coles and Woolworths servo's waiting in line to save a few cents a litre on fuel, when they could go to an independant servo and save more?

Example: Last Thursday I filled up at one of the independants that I go to, the price of diesel was 160.9c / litre. Every Thursday they have 2c/litre discount for tradespeople. There were about 4 cars getting refueled.

About 1 kilometre further up the road there's a Coles servo, when I drove past you couldn't help but notice the queue.

Diesel was priced at 167.9c/ litre, I didn't compare unleaded prices, but all things being equal I assume there would be a similar price difference. Even with their "discount fuel vouchers" it's still dearer.

These mega retailers have brainwashed people into thinking they're getting a good deal.

That's not the case here in G-Funk, the Coles Servo is cheaper than the locally owned independents, but one of the locally owned who I personally know still has the servo men who fuel your car up so u don't have to get out. But yes, not sure on the woollies one, but the Coles/She'll servo is diff cheaper.

I go to the locally owned 75% of the time! and it's not cause I'm to lazy to get outa the car :)

Even if they are cheaper I value my time more greatly than saving 4c a litre on 60L of fuel.

15minutes of my time > $2.40

And that doesn't even take into consideration the blinding rage that starts to build when behind fuckwits that stuff around in long lines.

It's not easy, but I already no longer buy my groceries from either of them, I try to go to a local hardware/timber supplier instead of automatically going to their hardware outlets. Rarely go to their liquor outlets and very rarely buy fuel off them.

I'm getting there.

Tis hard, I would, but its harder convincing the missus to, we have a couple of locally owned groceries joints, but its not worth the argument with her to stop at them half the time. We do try grow our veges and we cut our own meat, so thats something. Its the $8 delivery Coles offers, which for us being 15km outa town, is pretty good.

Also the local hardware joint is expensive as all fuk, even Bunnings opening a coupla years ago and loosing customers didnt seem to give them the hint to maybe drop their profit margin.

I get the idea of it all and like to support the locally owned mobs, but sometimes being the only one in the house working and that being on a council wage, its hard.

Latest posts

Back