Continuing Rant Thread - Get it Off Ya Chest here

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TheWiggman said:
Aldi bourbon no less
Nothing wrong with Aldi. Their rum and raisin chocolate is the bomb.

Their meats improved also. Must have changed suppliers. But id still rather support the family butcher.

manticle said:
I shave my beard off before it needs oiling.

Pfft. I have horn rimmed glasses and 20/20 vision.

No need to wait that long. A couple of early rising kids will put a stop to that.

Old enough to know no kids.
French foghorn forever.

And it speaks french too so eau parfait des chaussettes du neuf a bon nuit.

Dave70 said:
I know I have.
Well dont just wipe your tongue on the crisp white pressed linen table cloth at the Gentlemens Club, give us god damn proof........please

Blind Dog said:
Coopers Mild is the only drinkable mid-strength beer (3.5% or so) I've found that's widely available, although its way too fizzy.
Coopers is the only Mild worth drinking....its a great beer

I will put my hand up and say that it has been the only beer I have drunk on tap for the last couple of years

Yes I am biased, but considering the alternative's, its a no brainier of a beer in the current low %alc tap beer

Coopers have really scored a goal with Mild Ale

Great beer. I buy it more then anything now. And you can get it for under $40 on special. I just wish they brought the mild cans back.

manticle said:
Old enough to know no kids.
French foghorn forever.

And it speaks french too so eau parfait des chaussettes du neuf a bon nuit.
I wish my water sock was so cultured. May your morning glory flower forever.

Ducatiboy stu said:
Well dont just wipe your tongue on the crisp white pressed linen table cloth at the Gentlemens Club, give us god damn proof........please
Get some sleep or you'll be cranky all day.

Rental car/motorhome insurance.

Pay an additional $45 per day to get 100% coverage with no excess or $7,500 on your credit card at the start of the holiday refundable upon return of vehicle in undamaged condtion. Oh and by the way, there's all these other nice options that we have available, but only if you pay the extra $45/day...

What a rort. I'd love to not pay the $45/day, but may have to, because I don't want to cop a $7,500 (plus currency exchange fees because I don't have that sort of cash lying around) charge on my credit card at the start of the holiday.

Fraser's BRB said:

Pay an additional $45 per day to get 100% coverage with no excess or $7,500 on your credit card at the start of the holiday refundable upon return of vehicle in undamaged condtion. Oh and by the way, there's all these other nice options that we have available, but only if you pay the extra $45/day...

What a rort. I'd love to not pay the $45/day, but may have to, because I don't want to cop a $7,500 (plus currency exchange fees because I don't have that sort of cash lying around) charge on my credit card at the start of the holiday.
Can they also take out traffic fines from the credit card.

Fraser's BRB said:

Get travel insurance that covers the excess. We've often found its a lot less than the car companies charge and you get the benefits of the travel insurance as well. Usually works best for overseas trips though.

Also, check your credit card policy as some cover the excess if you use the card to pay for the hire costs.

wynnum1 said:
Can they also take out traffic fines from the credit card.
No they don't, to the best of my knowledge, but they will charge you an "administration" fee for dobbing you in as the driver of the vehicle at the time of the alleged offence, for example on a camera detected "speeding" etc offence.

Fraser's BRB said:

Don't ever use your everyday credit card for rental purposes. Instead, get one of those special purpose holiday cards with a fixed limit, and cancel the damn thing before handing the vehicle back.
Blind Dog is correct about travel insurance. Use it, and stay well away from the gouging extra charges of the rental companies.

To clarify, I'm not overly concerned about the potential for damage and associated costs (I've rented cars many times and only ever once had an issue, some debris on the road damaged the front bumper slightly which was covered under the insurance), more so the up front charge of $7,500 and the space that takes up on my card. Even if I have travel insurance to cover the excess, I'm still up for the charge up front.

Warra's idea on a separate card has merit though, don't really care if another card has $7,500 on it that will be refunded, as long as it's not my primary card.

Grrr,
Took our little 99 mazda 121 Metro (the box shape model) to the mechanics on Tuesday for a rego check
Brakes pads are getting close to needing replacing, but other than that it's in fairly good nick.
Then driving home last night, overtaking 2 trucks up hill doing a tad over 100 it conks out just as I reached the crest of the hill
Pulled over onto the shoulder and just couldn't get it to start again
Fuses look ok, engine turns, half a tank of fuel, oil was at the bottom of the dipstick but not empty
$130 for a tow (not too bad I guess) and it's back home.
Worst part is I can't even drive the good car (2013 grand vitara) because the mrs is going back up to coffs for a week during the school holidays
So it looks like unless I can borrow one of the work cars, I'll be riding to work in minus temperatures for a week :(

Back