Continuing Rant Thread - Get it Off Ya Chest here

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sp0rk said:
Mrs just went up to Coffs for the week this morning so no one to help me :/
Did check for spark this morning and nothing :(
I guess I'll clean the dizzy and possibly grab a new cap, gotta grab a battery charger too as it's about to go flat from trying to start
might just have to all wait until she's back to give me a hand
Luckily work has lent me one of the seasonal vet's cars so I can get to work this week and not have to ride
How long are you going to keep the car some times its cheaper to buy a whole car for parts then getting just what you need a lot of these cars are only scrap metal value if stop running .

wynnum1 said:
How long are you going to keep the car some times its cheaper to buy a whole car for parts then getting just what you need a lot of these cars are only scrap metal value if stop running .
Not too much longer, probably not worth getting another

Toilet training!

My toddler (turned 3 yesterday) has got his pee sorted, goes to the toilet, no accidents, all good. Flat out refuses to poo on the toilet. Insists we put him in a nappy to do it. That's at least better than in his pants, but my god what a mess! This has been going on for 6 months now, flat out refuses to sit for a shit, I nearly vomit every time I have to sort that nappy out.

What ?? 3 years old and needs a Nappy sounds like a parent problem to me..

Should at least be using a potty. Use the old dog treatment rub his nose in it then he will smart up really fast.

Feed him Vindaloo Curry every day.

Tropical_Brews said:

Should at least be using a potty. Use the old dog treatment rub his nose in it then he will smart up really fast.

No, he doesn't wear a nappy all the time, he asks us (and his daycare teachers) to put one on him to poo. He knows he needs to poo, he just won't do it on the potty or toilet. We sit him there and and he goes into a total meltdown every time and won't shit until we put him in a nappy. He also won't sit to pee, stands up at the toilet because that's how dad does it.

And no, we're not those parents who let their kid get away with murder and think they're a perfect angel, he's a normal toddler with all that goes with it, he's just stubborn about this unfortunately.

Fraser's BRB said:
No, he doesn't wear a nappy all the time, he asks us (and his daycare teachers) to put one on him to poo. He knows he needs to poo, he just won't do it on the potty or toilet. We sit him there and and he goes into a total meltdown every time and won't shit until we put him in a nappy. He also won't sit to pee, stands up at the toilet because that's how dad does it.

And no, we're not those parents who let their kid get away with murder and think they're a perfect angel, he's a normal toddler with all that goes with it, he's just stubborn about this unfortunately.
A better response than deserved.

Long shot but he's not scared of falling in is he? That happened to one of my sister's kids.

My little bloke (well... he was little back then, he's pushing 6 foot now) was similar. Happy to pee in the toilet. Inavriably pooed his pants. I think he just liked the warm, squishy feeling.

He did grow out of it pretty quikly though. After a few months of stern disaproval. Can;t remember how old he was. Too long ago.

Airgead said:
Long shot but he's not scared of falling in is he? That happened to one of my sister's kids.

My little bloke (well... he was little back then, he's pushing 6 foot now) was similar. Happy to pee in the toilet. Inavriably pooed his pants. I think he just liked the warm, squishy feeling.

He did grow out of it pretty quikly though. After a few months of stern disaproval. Can;t remember how old he was. Too long ago.
I don't think he's scared of falling in. He used to sit on there to pee but then decided he was standing up for it.

He has pooed a couple of times on the potty/toilet, but they were isolated events and despite stern disapproval and him understanding that his friends will be "promoted" to the big room at day care without him if he can't poo on the toilet, he still insists he wants to do it in a nappy.

God bless any one who enjoys shitting them selves.

But you cant rush him, eventually he will, its a bit like learning to read and count, some take longer than others and sometimes it is worse if you try to force them

Both my boys reached "insert milestone here " at different times, Didnt worry me at all

I got a Cookie Monster potty that says yum yum yum when the sensor sees poop or wee.
Did the trick with my little fella.

Have you looked at going camping where there are no toilets and instead of a pants those dresses the men wear in the Islands.

wynnum1 said:
those dresses the men wear in the Islands.
Called Sulu in Fiji
When I got back from my honeymoon in Fiji, it was just starting to get hot and stupidly humid in Coffs Harbour
Oh how I wished my work would let me wear a Sulu

tugger said:
I got a Cookie Monster potty that says yum yum yum when the sensor sees poop or wee.
Did the trick with my little fella.
This made me laugh. The thought of anything saying "yum yum yum" at what comes out of the little shit demon's arse is both hilarious and horrible to contemplate.

Fraser's BRB said:
I'm not overly concerned, just over the shitty nappy cleanup.
I use to do ( once nappy was removed )

A. Outside with the hose in summer, they love it

or

B. Straight in the shower, they love it

Maybe you need to get one of those high tech toilets that does it automatically.

You say he stands because 'that's the way Dad does it '

Maybe it's time to show him how Dad does # 2's

Just a thought

Cheers

Tropical_Brews said:

Yeah rub a kid's face in shit then watch social services take him away.

Hopefully that was a joke.

Latest posts

Back