Continuing Rant Thread - Get it Off Ya Chest here

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unfortunately GP our pension scheme doesn't follow the same path as a lot of other countries whereas the amount paid out in pension is related to the work record of that person. In Australia if someone wants to make a career of living off the dole all their working life, they will still get the same pension as someone who has worked all their life, and probably when, at the end of the day they will not ask themselves what achievements they have made in their life of living off others, they will not give a ****.

sponge said:
And those stupid little plastic 'pegs' on bread bags. What good are they?!?

I'll tell you what good.. none good.
I must disagree at this point (provided we are talking about the squarish shaped clip with the split to the hole in the middle).

Those nifty little numbers have given me countless more miles out of my single plugger thongs following a "blowout". There are only so many times the plug can come out without the rubber hole splitting open. But fear not! The trusty bread clip is to a thong what a retread is to a semi trailer. Simply refit the plug, gently place the bread clip onto the stemmy part, and your thongs would then outlast Forrest Gump.

I know you will thank me for this tip one day.

Cheers

Yep country towns are where housing may be within the reach of the average family. However most employment is in the capital cities. Housing prices both buying and rental are high than an average working family can afford. Now you can say go get a better job, better education etc. It's just not the way the world works. Someone has to do the low paid work, or do we end up with a $30 Caffè latte? More than 100,000 homeless some of those families. Do we really want to head down the path of the good old US of A where major cities have ghettos and slums and where daily a parent is forced to commit crime to feed their kids. There is no one clear answer. But think back to the fifties and the number of people owning more than 2 homes were very few. My mum bought a house 30 years ago for 35000 it's now worth around 350 000. The minimum wage has no where near increased by that degree. Nor teachers wages. There needs to be balance.
Ed: the 100000 home less is NSW alone.

Wardcliff said:
I must disagree at this point (provided we are talking about the squarish shaped clip with the split to the hole in the middle).

Those nifty little numbers have given me countless more miles out of my single plugger thongs following a "blowout". There are only so many times the plug can come out without the rubber hole splitting open. But fear not! The trusty bread clip is to a thong what a retread is to a semi trailer. Simply refit the plug, gently place the bread clip onto the stemmy part, and your thongs would then outlast Forrest Gump.

I know you will thank me for this tip one day.

Cheers
Also good for an emergency guitar pick

wide eyed and legless said:
Unfortunately GP our pension scheme doesn't follow the same path as a lot of other countries whereas the amount paid out in pension is related to the work record of that person. In Australia if someone wants to make a career of living off the dole all their working life, they will still get the same pension as someone who has worked all their life, and probably when, at the end of the day they will not ask themselves what achievements they have made in their life of living off others, they will not give a ****.
But in the cases where familys are into their third and fourth generations of parasites exploiting a system designed to assist the unfortunate, its now become a proud tradition.
You can just imagine some sparsely toothed corpulent hag bouncing her tenth grand child on her knee (the good knee - not the disability pension one) and pointing to a grainy Polaroid on the mantelpiece and informing the youngster, 'look buba, theres your great granny at her work, back then it was called the DSS'.

The first thing we, as a country, need to do IMO, is piss off all this money/pensions/lifelong benefits etc to our politicians. We need people in Government who are interested in running our country instead of living like fat cats and lining their own pockets.

We need to pay a fair and reasonable wage to people who do a fair and reasonable job, along with the fair and reasonable costs of their expenses (not including $15000 helicopter rides to get to work in time).

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1462249698.663552.jpgImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1462249725.583350.jpg

^ check out the annual average percentage change.

And here's some more light reading on how we are paying thieves to ruin our country:
(Some is old info, but you get the hint)

http://m.smh.com.au/national/full-list-of-federal-mps-entitlements-20090521-bh0v.html

http://www.finance.gov.au/sites/default/files/PCSS%20LTCR%202014.pdf

http://www.finance.gov.au/publications/parliamentarians-reporting/former_parliamentarians_expenditure_P31.html#former_pms

We need to fix THE problem before we can fix any others!

No good.
Every society needs a working poor.

Or alternatively, Eat the rich.

...Oh Lemmy.. gone so young..sniff..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pMVfpKBuyI

Wardcliff said:
. We need people in Government who are interested in running our country instead of living like fat cats and lining their own pockets.
Good luck

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHUw5uDKAVg

Nath151 said:
It's not so much people with one investment property it's about people with multiple properties that use negative gearing to pay no tax at all
The thin end of the wedge to my mind,start at the " top end of town " get it into legislation then nail every other investor/ future planner.
Then we are all stuffed, no incentive for self funded retirees who will and do lessen the burden on the pension scheme.....a scheme which to my thinking will still be around when ?, the retirement age has been extended so we need to think why,why has it been extended and how will it be funded in the future ?.
Hitting Mum and Dad investors ( McHenry and Co ) is so very,very wrong. But shit the money's gotta come from some where. Rejigging the taxation rules and upsetting the mega wealthy in this country would be political suicide.

spog said:
. Rejigging the taxation rules and upsetting the mega wealthy in this country IS political suicide.
Murdoch papers are already up to their normal Liberal loving shit

As ducatiboy said I have no problem with the first house being negatively geared it is the next twenty that is rorting the system. I thought negative gearing was designed as a tool to lower rental costs by creating more rental properties through private investment, and therefor the gubberment wouldn't have to provide as much low rent accommodation (commission housing). It is now driving up property prices as it is a pretty attractive proposition. The gubberment missed out on income tax worth $13.2 billion in 2010/11 alone. That is why both sides are starting to make a little bit of noise about it. Although the carbon tax raised about $6.6 billion before some buffoon decided that it had to go...

Not even a rant due to brevity but fucken tig welding combined with uncommunicative tafe teachers, combined with 13 hour days = mildly fucken frustrating.
Breathe in, be zen, bend in the breeze.

**** that, let's have a Belgian quad instead.

Isnt the numbers of negatively geared houses nearly all everyday people on average wages? Im sure I seen or read that. I know many average to low paid people using negative gearing to have investment houses, me being one of them.

Should big companies be exploiting it, NO. Should we punish average wage earners for doing it, NO. Somewhere in the middle would be lovely.

Imagine just cancelling the thing, it'd send people bankrupt overnight. But hey, its what Julie did with Cattle Live Trade.

manticle said:
Not even a rant due to brevity but fucken tig welding combined with uncommunicative tafe teachers, combined with 13 hour days = mildly fucken frustrating.
Breathe in, be zen, bend in the breeze.

**** that, let's have a Belgian quad instead.
Do you keep getting the electrode tip stuck on he job?
Then have to dismantle the hand piece.
Remove the tip from the collet.
Re grind it to a point.
Reassemble.
Start again and discover its virtually impossible to make the bead look seamless cos theres a big ******* blob in the middle?

I suggest the quad prior. Steadys the hand you know.

That happened a bit but main issue I think was not letting enough weld puddle form before trying to apply filler.
Next week, different teacher, plus some reading about what and why should see me through. If not, I'll seek the quad option.
If I had prior exposure to oxy welding, I'd possibly be better off.

Back