Connecting camlock fitting to a tap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Anyone have any ideas on how I can can connect a [SIZE=14.6666669845581px]Type A Male Camlock 1/2" Female BSP to a standard Aussie kitchen tap. The tap is internally threaded just don't know what the thread is or where I can get an adapter.[/SIZE]

camlock - a.jpg

Question is, why do you want to do it?

I used to run my plate chiller off the kitchen tap in my flat, and although I never needed to run a cam lock, I did find an adaptor fitting at Bunnings that would allow me to screw out the aerator from the mixer tap and fit it with a standard garden hose fitting. Might even be the same thread. It's in the plumbing section, but be prepared to look for it yourself, and bring both the aerator and the camlock.

I just want to be able to fill my brewing vessel using my existing silicon hoses, unfortunately my nearest Bunnings is 1200 km away. Looking for something I can purchase online.

Not exactly what you're after, but I use this on my laundry sink mixer so I can run a hot water hose outside for washing the dog.

probably won't help attaching a camlock but you could possibly put a garden hose fitting on a piece of your silicon hose?

or how much do you want to keep your kitchen tap? is it wall mounted? I have one of these on my bath outlet so I can attach a hose to the bath tap for hosing down the shower recess / kids etc when cleaning

edit - both not really online purchase options but may give ideas of what to start looking for

reddog said:
I just want to be able to fill my brewing vessel using my existing silicon hoses, unfortunately my nearest Bunnings is 1200 km away. Looking for something I can purchase online.
Bloody hell! Where do you live to be so lucky to be 1200km from a Bunnings?

Just as an aside, if that pic is of the same female camlock as you own, it isn't 1/2" BSP. The thread looks much finer. I've seen rubber things that you can fit over a tap and have a barb to attach to your 1/2" silicon hose, presumably available on line, which was what I originally went to Bunnings looking for, but the unemployed accountant in the plumbing section reckon they didn't exist.

Oooo, camlock for attaching my diswasher to the sink tap. Now you're talking.

I may be joining you in this search!

Latest posts

Back