Condensation Woes

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Budron

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm after a solution to my condensation problem. I have a chest freezer running as my keggerator at about 5c. I am continually mopping up puddles of water from the condensation in the freezer. I'm worried about rust. Is there any solution or fixes to this sort of problem?

All suggestions welcome.

Cheers,

Budron.

Hey guys,

I'm after a solution to my condensation problem. I have a chest freezer running as my keggerator at about 5c. I am continually mopping up puddles of water from the condensation in the freezer. I'm worried about rust. Is there any solution or fixes to this sort of problem?

All suggestions welcome.

Cheers,

Budron.

Don't run a freezer as a fridge??

The very next thing I thought about was gluing some plastic channel around the inside bottom of the freezer on a gentle slope to a tube then into a jug or jar to catch the water?

That's the best I've got.

Lefty

Put a piece of cardboard in your freezer standing on its edge in the puddle. Every 1 or 2 days, remove the soggy cardboard from your freezer and place it outside the freezer to dry out. Once it's dry, put it back in the freezer. Repeat.

Another solution is to buy a lot of dessicant and place that in a small bucket in your freezer. No idea where you can get a large quantity of it, or how much it would cost.

You must have a air leak?

You have to have fresh humid air getting into your setup to condensate, coz once the air is dry in the freezer it cant create any more condensation

Damp rid..........

That and air flow with no leaks and problem solved.

Latest posts

Back