Computer Help/it Help Needed, Free.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

quantocks

it's time to step up the BPM
Reaction score
I'm a bit of a turbo geek, so decided just to throw this up quickly. If anyone needs anything computer related answered or needs a bit of help with a program or piece of hardware or network, post here or drop me a PM. If you're not far from me in Sydney, I'll even come around if I have any spare time and give you a hand to get your computer up and going again. (I've just been pretty sick of people being ripped off paying hundreds to 'pro's' to just remove spyware/adware/replace a HDD, etc)

so if you want some free computer advice, help or support, it's on offer :)

That's a great offer to the community, mate. My PC is being a real dog the past few months, and I would like to completely re-install windows. We just bought a 1TB HD so backing up files is not a drama. Problem is, when I was walked through' it once before (phone support when I had warranty) the DOS screen resolution didnt allow me to see all the scroll down options, so to do it again would be impossible (for my limited knowledge).

I also run home studio gear that, whle I can get it working to stand alone, I cannot run multiple programs at once. Equipment in question is a USB instrument interface for guitar, microphones etc and a 64 key Midi Controller keyboard. Software I use includes Cubase & Reason 4.0. The issues are not strictly related to using the programs (as I would think that unless you're a muso, you wouldnt use these programs) but more on the technical aspects of the PC recognising audio in/out.

If you're free over the Xmas period, and would like to cruise over for some beer samples, maybe some to takeaway with you, I would be forever grateful. Perhaps I can PM you in a couple of weeks, as we get closer to the date ?

I am in North Strathfield, so not too far from Willoughby (up Lane Cove Road, through Top Ryde & onto Concord Road)

This is a really great gesture. Although you may be inundated with requests !

jase with reason + cunbase playing up i'd almost certainly say its your sound card / drivers...i had to do some serious stuffing around to get asio drivers to work so FL could recognise my midi keyboard.

jase with reason + cunbase playing up i'd almost certainly say its your sound card / drivers...i had to do some serious stuffing around to get asio drivers to work so FL could recognise my midi keyboard.

Yea, my sound card is my USB intrument interface for guitar etc (a Lexicon multi line audio in/audio out) I must have spent 10 hours researching, also looking at each software devices audio preferences, as well as the harware *ie the card's settings as well. But that's less of a worry, as there are (painful) workarounds, like composing a complete reason track, rendering to .wav and adding that as a cubase audio track, which I can then record live instruments. PITA though, when the two wont work in unison.

My major issue, and the one I probably need the most help with beyond the studio stuff is the OS. Once I reinstall Windows, I can at least have a PC that won't shit itself at random moments throughout the day. Which is happening with all applications, not just audio related devices.

I am only interested if you are good with Linux..

Windows.. :icon_vomit:

Stu, for Linux the only real command is: sudo wipe /dev/partition ;)

I've sent you a PM Jase, I'm on holidays so more than happy to ride the bike around :)

Back