Compressor Delay Setting

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kirem

Reaction score
I have setup the mashmaster fridge thermostat on my fridge.

It has a setting for compressor delay. The instructions say to set it at 9 minutes.

Is there anyone knowledgable in refridgeration that can recommend a delay and why?

My brewing fridge is an ex commercial drinks fridge with a top mounted refridgeration unit that blows cooled air down into the fridge cavity, the front door is double glass. It has an enormous amount of cooling oomph.

K

5 mins is plenty for a fridge with a solid state start relay. if it has a coil relay then 2 mins is enough to equaliase the pressures.

Go for 5 but the with the hysteresis (deadband) of the mashmaster, it shouldn't matter.

G'Day Kirem

I am a Fridge mechanic by day and a brewer by night.

To confirm with Timmy on the delay. Yes a solid state relay does not like to switch on and off to much. Very unlikly you would have this type in a commercial style fridge. Unless the compressor is a Danfoss make.

As for the delay it sounds like it is a delay on power up not the actual call to swicth when the set point is reached.

I am not formiler with this brand of controler but this is how most of work.

I set my mobile coolroom and fermenting fridge with a 1 min. delay. This will allow for if the plug being pulled out and then put back in or the power flickers. Stops the fridge tring to start as soon as the power is back on line. Gives the frige time to settle and protects parts such as the relay too.

Happy brewing and be careful playing with 240 Volts
Reargs Blue

As for the delay it sounds like it is a delay on power up not the actual call to swicth when the set point is reached.

I am not formiler with this brand of controler but this is how most of work.

It's the same as the Carel/dixell types. It has a minimum off cycleas well as the deadband.

Back