COMPETITION: Super High Gravity Brewing 2017

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1029.... smells and tastes like beer.

LyrebirdC, I'm interested in a reading in the coming month or so. Is timing ok?

Yeah, well I should have known better.....

This is some nuclear decay action. I'd better aim for a horizon of May before this puppy is complete.

I'm calling it I reckon; this will be my only entry this year.

Ferment still going, has burps every day. Slow and steady is winning this race...

With absence of any competitors anyway. [emoji18]

It's kind of nice when you can stretch your arms in a thread, really take a breath and feel the landscape and the breeze, yaknow?

Stretching arms..??

This is the internet, you're all virtual people who I'll never know and are a construct of the non real

Yesterday me drunk on beer realised that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Here's Yob with the Dealz.

1027 approx

Meniscus climbs two points on my hydro.
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1492396554.863793.jpg

So your at 21.6% ABV calculated, has it completely stopped? I mean after enzime and lots of yeasties what's the chance of it going lower once bottled? And are you going to carb?

I don't think it is completely over yet; small amounts of gas still being produced.

I'm not sure about the bottling stage and when to go ahead. As there is sugar available and the yeast is specified to 25% my preference is to wait till it's stopped for a week.

I'd like to carb and even age a few bottles for a year or two. I won't carb my submission to LC or the litre I test myself with simple distillation.

Drank the 200ml in the cylinder while watching 260rips this arvo, pretty good.

Ferment completed. Still 1027 and no more gas from the kegmenter for 3 days now.

Submission prepared, corny filled about 60%.

Wife calls it a beer liqueur; Rich and relatively smooth. I think sipping the 250ml from the sample will be sufficient for today. It certainly attracts flies fast - not sure how to rate that feature.

Now, to age this bad boy.

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1496548970.787473.jpg

Zorco said:
LyrebirdC, I'm interested in a reading in the coming month or so. Is timing ok?
Wasn't then, is now. That being said, I've lost access to the Anton Paar machine (it was at a brewery run by an old associate, he's moved on).

I can do an alcohol by distillation and hydrometery but the alcohol hydrometers I have are the large lab grade units so it requires a large sample: 500ml minimum.

I can do the "method of differences" on a smaller sample: I just bought an Anton Paar DMA 35 from a surplus dealer, assuming I can get it going again I'll only need 20 ml or so.

Alright two days to go and she's all over......

So far one sample has been brewed which will lead to two outcomes....

The sample meets all the rules and I win, handing myself the prize money, OR it fails and the money stays where it is...--> wife's account.

Sorry zorco - dropped the ball on this one. Still interested but I sense failure on my part till I have an O2 setup. Either brewman or LC when he goes live with his device.

Been on my list for a while, life keeps getting in the way.

Latest posts

Back