Commercial Brewers You Have Met

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Corio bay brewers are lucky enough to have a commercial brewer as a member of the club. His wisdom and knowledge is appreciated by all. He is also a member of this forum, rarely posts but does a whole lot of reading and nodding in agreement. Good work Ryan.

I've met THE Doc from Doctors Orders Brewing...

Also had a beer with Rogue's John Maier at OBF. He and his wife are really nice people.

Had a few beers with Dr Tim Cooper at ,my local. Nice bloke a very pasionate about beer

Will from Van Diemans, was lucky enough to get a tour around the brewery through a mutual friend, top bloke
Willie from seven sheds, very friendly.
the boys from stone and wood with a brewery tour, very patient in answering mine and my mates silly questions.
ross from Bacchus (as has most of the forum), super friendly and helpful.

i think thats about it.

in conclusion, people who brew beer are tops!

Time.

Too many to list but I will mention the first brew dudes I ever met.

Cam & Dave from Mountain Goat. Used to surf with a group of people off Torquay and they came along occasionally to grab a longboard wave at Pt Addis or Point Impossible.

Back then I was kit & kilo'ing and they had this idea to go commercial after seeing what was happening in the craft scene overseas.

We all thought they were mad and the whole 'boutique beer' thing (as we called it back then - no one had heard of craft) was just some fad like Wine Coolers and Sub Zero fizzy pops. (Yep showing my age now).

Turns out they were visionary when you see how far the guys have come with their operation. Plus they had to battle the fact that at the time every pub in melbourne was owned by Tooheys or CUB. They just found the small places and kept at it till they had a list of 20 venues, and then kept on going.

I think it's very cool when you meet people who have started out homebrewing like we have and gone all the way and not lost the passion.

More power to them.

Hopper.

I met one of the owners of Shallow Throat, I think he invented the golden shower ale. Que?

Hey Cocko,
I drive thru Warrandyte evryone morning on way up to brewery so maybe i will organise for u to come and have a look thru the brewery one day.

Cheers Glenn
Amazing.

Once you meet a commercial brewer life like triples yeah?

I am yet to meet one but am really hanging.

I met Dr Chuck Han( of Malt Shovel ) at the Melbourne beer wine and food thingo , a couple of years ago....
I asked him" Do you still brew at home ?"
I asked him this 4 times....seems he didn't want to answer the question...i thought it was a yes or no answer...
Been thinking he does brew at homes , so he can drink beer ,with taste, lol
Met a few other brewers....
Sam at True South was grouse at showing us around....mmm beeer outta the bright tank...
Scott at Red duck put up with some Westgaters brewing recently...and was very very generous and accomodating...
Matt at Mornington was awsome...mmmm beer tours
Simon at Hargraves Hill was very generous too to a bus load of Westgaters...mmm limited release beer !
Alex Troncosco was pretty generous to a Westgate meeting ( where he is a past member and brewer of the year)
Ron Feruglio of Temple was kind enogh to give me and the Westgate president a personal tour and taste...
So all these awsome people...and it was a priveledge...except for Chuck...he was kinda miserable
There were others but i can't remember the names...you know who you are !!!!
Ferg

Stu from yeastie boys in his out there green slacks at the Scratch bar. Proceeded to spend the rest of the night drinking with Ross and various others. Was a great night but going to work at 8am the next day was a bit rough.

Latest posts

Back