Commercial Beer Seasons Of My Life

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattcarty

Reaction score
i was thinking the other day about how my favourite beers have changed over time and thought it might be fun to do a history of beer post so here goes

started drinking about 1996 brewing my own beer as well as drinking my beer of choice, Coopers Draught, which was rebellion growing up in the country where the beer of choice is WEST END DRAUGHT "what ya drinking that coopers s##t for ya city lovin poofter"

moved to adelaide and was introduced to coopers pale ale and sparkling ale.

then got into stella for a while

when i lived a thirty second walk from the port dock brewery started drinking a lot of their milk stout mmmmmmmmm

found an awesome little english pub called the fox and firkin, kilkenny become my favourite drink, and of course the occasional guiness

moved to central QLD, sad the only beer on tap, tooheys new, tooheys extra dry, XXXX or VB so terrible. drank TED's at pubs and pale ale at $50 a carton rip off prices when at home

back to adelaide, after a brief visit to melbourne and the james squire microbrewey HELLO JSGA and JSAA

now my choice in pubs is determined by what beer is on tap, preferably micro brewery rather than how close it is for me to stumble home from :D

would love to hear how your tastes have changed over time.

cheers
carty

0-9 years old. all beer taste the same
As a 12 year old got caught underage drinking by police drinking Pripps mellan OL. (medium strength crap swedish beer)
At 15 started drinking Spendrup and any english beer brewed on licence in Sweden
Between 16-19 I Started to expandb my taste buds to wine and spirits on festive events but the prefered Beers were Newcastle brown ale, Spendrups Gold, McEwans.
19-25 East coast Australia. Anything locally made. Switched between beers to be able to taste them.
26 -30 Always been a whisky drinker but a ski trip to Perisher with an Aussie rules Team got me drinking Bourbon for a while.
30+ Any thing alcoholic.
I started brewing about 4-5 years ago and have quickly expanded my beer taste.
From brewing Morgan Bitter + BE #42 to ESB APA Pilsner AG.
I can now enjoy almost any beer.
Preferably suitable for the weather.

Latest posts

Back