Colonial Brewery Co Expanding

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes it is a pity that the AIPA is only going to be available in Margaret River as it was a lovely drop when I was down there a few weeks backs - oh well another excuse to go down there again!

Wow, am I a busy little brewer!

Ok, the plan is to run four of Colonial's seven beers through a bank of taps at the Royal and we'll probably stick with the same four to ensure continuity. Pale, Wit, Brown and Kolsch. My two big cannons, Robust Porter and AIPA will likely stay here in Margs and my Amber, a midstrength, well, pffft, who wants to drink that...

Yeah, so Brown and Wit are on tap now, a new load of Wit is heading up there today and over the next two weeks we'll load up the Pale and Kolsch. Happy drinking!

Hi Randall hows the growler refilling situation going for the Royal? mines looking pretty empty and I don't see any trips to Margs on the horizon either :(

Man all sounds awesome.
I used to work at DET on Royal St and we'd be down at the Royal every Friday at lunchtime (until whenever).

Bummer I'm now missing all that tasty beer action :(

Not my call sadly. By the middle of next week, they'll be pouring Kolsch, Pale, Wit and Brown and it looks like they'll be running with those four over summer. The problem with growler re-fills at the Royal has to do with re-packaging into containers less that 48 litres, which the ATO now consider 're-manufacturing' and therefore you need a producer's licence and have to pay excise for a second time and at the higher 'small pack' rate. Think we've got a solution though. Keep you posted.

The growlers would be a huge breakthrough. It's great you guys are trying your best. Must be frustrating.

Already visited the Royal with brendanos for a pint each of the wit and brown. And we'll be back.

Latest posts

Back