Cold Crash after Lagering

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It will be okay, let it thaw slowly. The beer will most likely stratify with the watery part of the beer, settling near the top so it will need mixing up when it thaws. You can rack it to another fermenter and then bottle or keg, this should be enough to mix it up sufficiently.

We tasted barls' eisbock at the nsw case swap and it was bloody sensational! Maybe this is a blessing in disguise :)

Normally that would be my course of action but I was brewing this for a party ... is a simple Australian lager .. so not enough time to make another one as it is only a few weeks away. I had the pleasure of the eisbock when I picked my case up was fantastic .... probably lucky I don't have that lying around I would be a mess

Not 100% sure but it may be ok if you defrost it and bottle/keg, others may have more experience to offer. I had a keg which froze once and once defrosted was still ok.

hobospy said:
Hmmmm, seems I may have ballsed this one up. So my process so far has been:

Pitch at 10C
Ferment at 10C until about 3/4 through
Raise temp by 2C a day until reaching 18C and DRest
Wait for FG to be achieved
Drop temp by 2C until it reaches 10C
Drop temp by 1C until it reaches 5C
Leave to lager for approximately a month (halfway through that at the moment)
I like the look of your schedule. If you had it at 2-4 degrees then it's similar to cold crashing right? Keep doing what you're doing

Reman said:
We tasted barls' eisbock at the nsw case swap and it was bloody sensational! Maybe this is a blessing in disguise :)
shhhhhhh there is no eis bock.
this isn't the beers your looking for.

back on topic. I've got a golden thats been cold crashed to .5 degree for about a month now and I'm sure ill have no problems carbing it up. all the beers on tap at my place with the odd exception are naturally carbed after being cced

Back