Cold Conditioning Question

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Desert Brewer

Reaction score
Hi all, pretty new to all this, have been reading old and new forums for the past month or so and gained some valuable information, thanks for all who contribute to the great information on this site.

I am currently CCing a Coopers Bavarian Lager, (I can goo, 1kg BE2, 500g LDM, yeast from kit) - was in primary for 15 days at 13 degrees went from an OG of 1068 to an FG of 1019 - up until the end with pressure in the airlock, (albeit a small amount)

I transfered to secondary last night being careful not to allow airation, and there is minimal head space in the secondary (ment to the right thing to do when racking lager), the fridgemate is set at 2 degrees - temp has fallen overnight fron 17 down to 6 this morning.

My concern is that there is no movement in the airlock indicating that there is no pressure in the head space - should i be concerned??

Any advice, input is much appreciated.

Cheers,

Desert Brewer.

Yeah, nothing to worry about. If fermentation was winding down and you've dropped the temperature for lagering, you're hardly going to get any bubbles through your airlock. Also can you guarantee that your secondary fermenter seals as well as your primary? Either way, there will still be some CO2 filling the head space.

Jono.

Yeah, nothing to worry about. If fermentation was winding down and you've dropped the temperature for lagering, you're hardly going to get any bubbles through your airlock. Also can you guarantee that your secondary fermenter seals as well as your primary? Either way, there will still be some CO2 filling the head space.

Jono.

Thanks for that Jono, secondary fermenter seals really well - just a matter waiting.

Cheers.

Latest posts

Back