Coggs Brewery

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leigh

Made at Home
Reaction score
Had a Coggs Premium Lager last night. This has to be one of the best, cleanest tasting aussie lagers on the market http://www.hoppsy.com/australia/cogging-away/

But, in googling this and other sites, I hear it closed down/stopped brewing last year (although the beer I had last noght was too fresh to be a year old). Is this correct? Did/do they brew their own or do they have one of the other breweries make the beer for them?

All confused here :blink:

Can anybody help with the real story? Unfortunately Coggs website doesn't work either...

Had a Coggs Premium Lager last night. This has to be one of the best, cleanest tasting aussie lagers on the market http://www.hoppsy.com/australia/cogging-away/

But, in googling this and other sites, I hear it closed down/stopped brewing last year (although the beer I had last noght was too fresh to be a year old). Is this correct? Did/do they brew their own or do they have one of the other breweries make the beer for them?

All confused here :blink:

Can anybody help with the real story? Unfortunately Coggs website doesn't work either...

Leigh,

I don't know the full story, but from what I remember the Coggs brewer was a young guy keen to get into brewing. Brian Watson was giving him a hand to get things on the road, but I'm not sure to what extent. Brian is ex AIB and does some contract brewing for people at Mildura. He's also currently setting up a micro in Fiji. I seem to remember there was some football connection with Coggs, but can't remember what it was.

I'll see if I can contact Brian and find out what the story is.

I think the footy connection was that he is a mate of Gary Ablett Jr and he was basically funding the project.

Its in Beer and Brewer mag somewhere.

Kleiny

Thanks guys. The article mentions Nick Cogger and Garry Ablett.

Latest posts

Back