Coffs Harbour To Do

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Coffs is all about the beach.

Def do the indian in Woolgoolga tho its next level stuff.

have a look at Sandy Beach just down the road from Woopi (woolgoolga), do the walk over the headland, nice views looking north to woopi and south to coffs, some good fishing holes off the front of the headland as well if you're prepared to walk a bit.
Woopi back beach is worth a look after your curry :icon_cheers:

cheers
Yard

It's hoey moey, and it's a dive, don't bother. If Murrays have left the Talors Arm pub (with no beer) there might actually be beer worth drinking there again. Dropping in at The Little Brewing Co at Port Macquarie would be worth your time, you'd have to ring beforehand and check when they're open. Fair old drive from Coffs though.

There are no brew pubs in Coffs. The only localy made beer is at The Federal hotel in Bellingen. It is definatly the best pub in the area by far. They have the 3 different Coopers on tap as well as the local Belingen Brewery's " darkwood ale "....And I have drank lots of it... :icon_chickcheers:

As far as other pubs in Coffs...er..not that great really, The Palntation is average, CoffS Hotel has recently been renovated, Hoe MOe is a sh1t hole. The pub near the Cinema ( under the railway bridge ) is not to bad, great open plan bar and also a nautical themed bar..

Woolgoolga has the best curries you can eat, and if you travel further up the raod the Amble Inn at Corrindi is worth a few beers..

Gleanreagh on the back road to Grafton has a nice pub caled the Golden Dog..also worth a beer

Apart from that any other good pubs are well over an hours drive form Coffs..

I pity you being there in January....place is full of tourists and the place truns to crap...

Head to Bellingen, it's not too far. Probably only a 30 minute drive.

In the main street there is a pub, can't miss it.

They have a beer made by a local homebrewer there. It goes by the name of 'Bellingen Brewing Company Darkwood Ale'.

Very nice indeed. Too bad I was driving!

Golden in colour, nice malt taste with fuggles, goldings and cascade on the hop bill.

Had this one two weekends ago at The Federal. Dad bought a round of the Darkwood Ale. That first round took a long while to go down, it tasted a little sweet and something not quite right... then it hit me: Creamed Corn! And as soon as I suggested it to the family they could all pick it out too. Damn you DMS!

Not saying I'd never go back. In fact I went downstairs and bought a round of their Porter: Nice drop. Just saying they may be prone to some of the quality issues that effect micro breweries (and a few home brewers as well). :icon_cheers:

Sorry, everything I can think of would be a bit remote then. I recommend doing a few of the Indian resturants in Woolgoolga though.

Seeing as this thread has been bumped, it is with Sadness that I report the demise of all the Indian Restaurants in Woolgoolga.

The massive banana shortage last year caused all the Sikhs to shut up shop and go back to the farms - they founded and run the huge banana industry in the area - why run a restaurant when you can plant gold-producing banana plants, sit back and watch the rivers of money pour in, you should see the mansions dotting the hills nowadays .... The big "Maharaja" restaurant across the street from the Sikh Temple has been turned into the Woolgoolga Sikh community centre and there's only one fish and chip shop run by an Asian guy who turns out three curries that I could better any day of the week. Sad. :(

I always stay at the W RSL motel, cheap accomm and the club does Reschs Draught - which is a nice drop, off topic but I had a few Paulaner Oktoberfest I bought from Dans to get the steins, at Coffs, very nice, went over to the pokies and sipped a Reschs, thought "this is going to taste feral". Wow, held its end up nicely. I always go the Reschs in NSW, only mega I can drink.

I know this is an old thread, but potential for an update!
There's quite a few pubs and clubs in and around Coffs.
King Tide Brewery is right in the centre of Coffs, which is great for beers and small meals.
Then, if you go for a drive out to Woolgoolga, you can visit Woopi Brewing Co. These guys have some great beers and really tasty pizzas.
If you just want somewhere nice to have some drinks and cocktails with a tapas-style menu, head to Ribeye Rooftop Kitchen and Bar at C.ex Club.

There is a brewery/brew pub in the industrial estate in Woolgooga (20 mins north of Coffs). Haven't frequented the establishment as I live in Newy but have had good recommendations from friends. Other than that Coffs is a dead end re Breweries/brew pubs.

Visited a new Brewery that has just opened in Coffs just before Christmas. Good range of food and beer types. And a good vibe. Right in the CBD area.

There is a brewery/brew pub in the industrial estate in Woolgooga (20 mins north of Coffs). Haven't frequented the establishment as I live in Newy but have had good recommendations from friends. Other than that Coffs is a dead end re Breweries/brew pubs.
Coffs is a dead end shithole anyway.

There is not much in the way of craft beer around here. Sanctus is the closest, but there is opne supposed to opening at Wooli, something in Yamba and the local Brewhouse ( the old Tooheys Brewery complex ) has put in a DA for a micro and a distillery.

There is definitely one in Coffs. King Tide Brewery. I have been there for lunch. It's a great spot and good beer. Just down Studio Lane.

I think Coffs is getting better, especially around the Jetty.

Agree, even when I was there 2+ years ago there was a brew pub in the Jetty area, a brewery in Kempsey, just down the road and the Woopi brewery guys were brewing out of there homes. Yamba is like 2-3 hours away, bit of a drive for a beer. Can't agree with Coffs being a shithole just gets a bit trying during holidays and tourists.

Latest posts

Back