Coffs Harbour To Do

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spartan 117

Reaction score
Hey Guy's

I'm heading up to coffs for a week on Januar 9 and was wondering if there are any brew pubs or simmilar there. Have done a google search but am after somewhere that i know will be a good and enjoyable experience.

Cheers

Aaron

I don't think that there is much around, especially since Murrays moved from The Pub With No Beer at Taylors Arms to Newcastle.

I'm going "home" to Coffs for Xmas so I'll be interested to see if there is anything else that I should be checking out.

I don't think that there is much around, especially since Murrays moved from The Pub With No Beer at Taylors Arms to Newcastle.

I'm going "home" to Coffs for Xmas so I'll be interested to see if there is anything else that I should be checking out.

If you find anything let me know. Otherwise ill be doing nothign but shopping around in markets

Aaron

How far are you willing to travel while you are there?

im willing to drive a good 45mins from the town centre if where im going is worth it :rolleyes: .

Aaron

Sorry, everything I can think of would be a bit remote then. I recommend doing a few of the Indian resturants in Woolgoolga though.

Been years since I've been to Coffs, I have some relies there that haven't even seen my kids in the flesh but will be catching up with them later this year.
About 20+ years ago I went to Nana Glen (about 35 k norwest of Coffs) and spent the arvo on the front deck of the pub and watched the world slowly go by, It was a great afternoon. Damn cousin drove in to a ditch on the way home on some dirt backroad. :eek:
There are a couple of pubs down around Park Beach and the yacht club at the boat harbor is worth a look. Ask the locals if the Howey Mowey is still around, thats where my cous' used to always go.

Don't know about brewpubs been too long for me since I've been there.

Cheers
Gavo.

Head to Bellingen, it's not too far. Probably only a 30 minute drive.

In the main street there is a pub, can't miss it.

They have a beer made by a local homebrewer there. It goes by the name of 'Bellingen Brewing Company Darkwood Ale'.

Very nice indeed. Too bad I was driving!

Golden in colour, nice malt taste with fuggles, goldings and cascade on the hop bill.

Worth a drive, the town is a gem. Plenty of shops for the SWMBO to peruse while you enjoy Bellingen's finest.

Edit - spelling

Ask the locals if the Howey Mowey is still around, thats where my cous' used to always go.

yeah howey mowey is still there, read a review on it today.

Cheers guys i'll give these places a go for sure

Aaron

yeah howey mowey is still there, read a review on it today.

Ah all the memories come flooding back.
Never did go to the howey mowey I was too young at the time and by the time I was old enough I had stopped going to Coffs on a regular basis.
Now you got me even more looking forward to visiting Coffs again and check out all the old haunts.

Gavo.

Head to Bellingen, it's not too far. Probably only a 30 minute drive.

In the main street there is a pub, can't miss it.

They have a beer made by a local homebrewer there. It goes by the name of 'Bellingen Brewing Company Darkwood Ale'.

Very nice indeed. Too bad I was driving!

Golden in colour, nice malt taste with fuggles, goldings and cascade on the hop bill.

Worth a drive, the town is a gem. Plenty of shops for the SWMBO to peruse while you enjoy Bellingen's finest.

Edit - spelling

Thanks for that Bullsneck - I didnt know about it. We do pass through Bellingen a bit, so Im sure I can talk my way into stopping for 'lunch'.

They have this awesome big banana.
Its a banana, and its really big.
Its not really a banana, though.
And, really, its not all that big.

Beaches are fantastic, I really liked Diggies / Soldiers crap what was the name ....

More than a few pubs and clubs in town. Dunno about the reference to Murrays, were they not about 2 hours north??? Bit harsh.

Seems lots to do anyways Thanks Christ for Google!

They have this awesome big banana.
Its a banana, and its really big.
Its not really a banana, though.
And, really, its not all that big.

Mr Beef also got sucked in by the Triffid Forest???

Coffs Ex Services club (RSL)? Plantation hotel? hahahahah just kidding.

Not much in the way of brewerys up there at all. Coffs is all about the beach.

Def do the indian in Woolgoolga tho its next level stuff.

Emerald beach is small and nice and its where my dad and brother live.

Get yourself on a fishing charter up there tho, the snapper are going off right now i recommend the Cougar Cat 12 with reidy driving. http://www.cougarcat12.com.au/main.htm

There is an awesome bottlo on the way round to the yacht club, also is on the way to the jetty.
Head down to the coop for some fresh fish n chips, head up to the beach and relax.
Will be pretty busy there early jan though, but a very nice place.
Head down to Sawtell. The beach there is great and a nice little community and good pub and bottlo.
Bellingen brewery is on tap at the pub as previously mentioned. You can try and catch up with Richard the brewer. Get his number from th pub in Bellingen.
The pub with no beer is at Macksville, a fair but south but Murrays are now at Port stephens.
If you are driving up, pull in just after newcastle. Its about 20k's off the highway but well worth the detour.
Enjoy Coffs

Latest posts

Back