Coca-cola Amatil Moves To Sell Alcohol

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This could be a good thing...

Then again, they are trying to take over the energy drink market by selling ginger-laden, fizzy urine (an energy drink that doesn't even say what nutrients/vitamins/chemicals are in it).

Nope, who am I kidding, another cheap swill coming along. Besides, they already bought out Jim Beam and are due to release "Jim Beam and Coca-Cola".

Yay, locally brewed Carling and Miller.

I wonder how many new and appealing brands of RTD's will hit the shelves/ad space in the near future.

"we are aiming to become the clear number three player in the Australian beer market by the end of 2012".

Hmmmmmm, what would be the easiest way to do this......Coca-Coopers, anyone?

Lion Nathan has been after them for years but CCA might just have the clout to put a ridiculously large enough offer on the table to get their grubby paws on our #3 brewer. It would be a much more logical choice for them anyway. The megaswill market is in decline while the "premium beers" sector (megaswills' definition of "premium", not mine) is growing.

My head has come up with some pretty good reasons why a CCA takeover would be a good thing but in my heart, I know Coca-Coopers would be a bad thing.

Hmmmmmm, what would be the easiest way to do this......Coca-Coopers, anyone?

Produce Carling & Millers locally, and market them heavily. Carling is already the number 1 seller in the UK, Ireland and South Africa. I believe they've recently tried to push it in Canada too.

edit: Sorry, should of said that SABMiller (owner of Carling) is the number 1 seller in South Africa. Pretty sure it's only the top Lager in Ireland too.

It's Miller Time!

Scream_thumbs_up_lg.gif

I think it's a good thing - market fragmentation. It'll break peoples current hypnotic trance with CUB, and if more people realise they have options then more people may be inclined to experiment with new tastes.

i think it will be great to have more different taste here in australia .
But i do not think you will find Coopers Selling out to them as I belive they are in with Budwieser . and the two bud and miller have a long rivelry.

but all the same COKE~A~COOPERS
COOPER~COLA
COCOABANNA

I THINK THEY WILL BE GOING FOR THE FOSTERS GROUP. OOPS CATS OUT.

AND HAVE A TRENDY NAME . FOSTEROLA
COKE~A~FOSTA

DEL

There has been talk around town (financial markets) that Coca Cola Amatil will have a crack (take over) at Fosters, however that will depend on their major shareholder the Coca-Cola company in the US.

Chances are if they do and are successful they will sell off the wine business and keep the strong perfoming beer business.

Fosters has long been a rumoured T/O target BUT with no one coming to the party.

:eek:

regards old dog

"The Australian beer market is one of the most profitable in the world, generating earnings in excess of $1 billion and we are aiming to become the clear number three..." Mr Davis said.

Number three? Actually, Mr D., the Aussie megaswill market is all about producing number ones.

Ah, yet another good reason to bypass these pissmerchants and make your own.

geoffi i agree good point WHY would CCA want to buy an Aussie brewer and Settle for number Three ??????????

I would want to be no 1 "numero ooono" no 3? Come on Mr Davis that shows alot of enthusiasum.

BUT AS MOST megaswill companies enthusiasum is measured buy how much is spent on an advert insed of the beer.!!!!! they sorta brew

DEL

There has been talk around town (financial markets) that Coca Cola Amatil will have a crack (take over) at Fosters, however that will depend on their major shareholder the Coca-Cola company in the US.

Chances are if they do and are successful they will sell off the wine business and keep the strong perfoming beer business.

Fosters has long been a rumoured T/O target BUT with no one coming to the party.

:eek:

regards old dog

I've heard the rumour as well but buying one of the two big companies doesn't fit with the claim to become the third big company.

HOW DO YOU MEAN fosters group is fosters group .cub is cub . lion nathan is lion nathan. cub only have a small interest in the fosters group not as big as some might think.

note the megaswill company names there in lower case as well cause thats all i could give them today .
The big Fosters is very well know in the states and they want to get there grubby hands on this icon as well .

and i say they can have it too.

del

opps only me again
remember in the seventies it was call (FOSTERS C.U.B)not so any more since about 20 years back its now just (fosters group)and ( c u b ) 2 separate entities.
why you ask due to government regulations on pocker machine licencing the companywas split into 2 identities oh and alot of in fighting
del

Hmm, I must be mis-reading where Old Dog writes "they will sell off the wine business and keep the strong perfoming beer business". Surely CUB is the strong performing beer business.

Latest posts

Back