Cobra Font

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nickb167

Reaction score
got a cobra style flooded font from a bar a friend manages..
Picture_001.jpg

anyway was wondering if anyone knew how i could get this snaploc adaptor off it, as theres nothing to grab. is there a special tool? heres a closeup of the bit i want to get off. its being removed so it can be properly cleaned.
Picture_002.jpg
the small hole is threaded, so i dont want to stick anything in there and damage the thread.

Also does anyone know what diameter line this font uses as it need replacing.

thanks in advance,

nick

got a cobra style flooded font from a bar a friend manages..
View attachment 9793

anyway was wondering if anyone knew how i could get this snaploc adaptor off it, as theres nothing to grab. is there a special tool? heres a closeup of the bit i want to get off. its being removed so it can be properly cleaned.
View attachment 9795
the small hole is threaded, so i dont want to stick anything in there and damage the thread.

Also does anyone know what diameter line this font uses as it need replacing.

thanks in advance,

nick

Hy Nick,
I have no experience with this but is it a hex screw in there? a bit hard to see on the close up but if there is a thread in the hole there might be a little grub screw further in. You will need some small allen keys if it is.

I am sure there is some genuine experience out there to help if this does not.

FHG

Hy Nick,
I have no experience with this but is it a hex screw in there? a bit hard to see on the close up but if there is a thread in the hole there might be a little grub screw further in. You will need some small allen keys if it is.

FHG

yeah there was a small hex screw in there which holds in the other half of it, the snaploc bit which connects to the hose.

Hy Nick,

FHG

yeah there was a small hex screw in there which holds in the other half of it, the snaploc bit which connects to the hose.

Hey ask Ross, he should be able to help you out.

Nick, send a PM to Bindi, he has one, might be able to help.

well i worked out how to get it off... just brute force some vice grips and a bit of rubber... if anyone else has the same problem, these parts are glued on. hence the problems.

cheers

nick

Back