Co2 Regulator Question

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tonyt

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have a Tesuco regulator, querie i have is.....is it "normal" when it is set to serving pressure,e.g around 70KPA, and you begin to pour, for pressure to drop around 20 KPA before it returns back to the pre set pressure??? or is that too much of a drop?

when i say "normal" i am quickly learning that nothing is normal when it comes to Kegging, carbonating,beer line lengths....and the list goes on........

Cheers

Although i don't have the same reg as you, this happens on my system as well. I work in psi and mine drops about 2-3 on the gauge while I'm pouring, goes back up straight away though.

mine drops a little, have you got the cylinder supply valve opened enough?
this will cause it to drop if only just open as the flow out of the reg will be greater than the flow in :blink: or somethin like that

mine drops a little, have you got the cylinder supply valve opened enough?
this will cause it to drop if only just open as the flow out of the reg will be greater than the flow in :blink: or somethin like that

Ok, Thanks, will try that one....Cheers...............actually, how "open" should it be?? I assume a couple of turns would have been sufficient??

Ok, Thanks, will try that one....Cheers...............actually, how "open" should it be?? I assume a couple of turns would have been sufficient??

open valve all the way then a quater turn back this is a tried and tested method I have been taught both through scuba diving and as a BA operator as a firefighter. :icon_cheers:

Latest posts

Back