Co2 Prices

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spartan 117

Reaction score
Hey Guy's

Just wondering if someone can tell me the prices for renting a CO2 bottle and filling costs etc, went onto supagas and boc gas' website but they dont seem to have prices.

Cheers

Aaron

boc,whoever charge $100 plus per yEAR.Rental.Fill costs $50 +

Rip off.purchase an outright bottle

your best bet is grrensborough home brew 039432 6488 get the super large bottle $25 rent per year and $60 swap over...massive bottle should last 2 years if you have no leaks.

your best bet is grrensborough home brew 039432 6488 get the super large bottle $25 rent per year and $60 swap over...massive bottle should last 2 years if you have no leaks.

Didn't know dave did gas bottles, awesome. i'll be there on Tuesday then pick up some gas and ingridients for the first kegged batch, brilliant.

Aaron

There like 2 melb co2 gas threads eith kore info than you'll ever need. Have a search.
Now if u don't care what size bottle u get. See Dave t greebsbirough brew giant cylnders 'f' I think which is 22kg of gas are dirt cheap ti rent. Me maple and rook get our from him. He's a great bloke

There like 2 melb co2 gas threads eith kore info than you'll ever need. Have a search.
Now if u don't care what size bottle u get. See Dave t greebsbirough brew giant cylnders 'f' I think which is 22kg of gas are dirt cheap ti rent. Me maple and rook get our from him. He's a great bloke

Yeah Dave is pretty tops, everytime I time I go there go buy grain and whatever I'll always end up spending at least an hour there just chatting, always asks me if I'm still on my P's and offers me a pot anyway. Nice having a place where the owner is just a friendly bloke.

Aaron

BOC Gas....... $12 rental per month and $43 to fill a D size cylinder

this is what i just paid about 4 weeks ago

Ernie

BOC Gas....... $12 rental per month and $43 to fill a D size cylinder

Pretty expensive way of doing things.

If you purchased a cylinder outright for say $300 and put it on your credit card, and then paid $12 per month off the credit card, you'd have the cylinder paid off at the end of month 33 with total interest paid of $91. Then the cylinder would be yours to keep forever with no more payment. That's based on an interest rate of 20%.

If your interest rate was 15% and you paid off $20 per month on the credit card, the cylinder would be yours after month 17. If you paid off $24 per month the cylinder would be yours after just 14 months with only $28 paid in interest.

Maybe but I claim my BOC bills as a work expense = tax deduction

To the best of my knowledge BOC only fill their own bottles and yes the rental charges IMO are outrageous. There is a limited life to a bottle and I guess the internal inspections and subsequent write off on a pressure vessel is taken into an account with the rental. To own your own bottle you have to find someone to fill it. In Tassie that doesn't seem to be an option as there are few refillers because of no competition. This of course would not be a problem in the major cities with more refillers available. As with LPG bottles a owned CO2 bottle would be subject to inspection and valve renewal, but I am not sure at what frequency. The inspection cost is borne by the owner.
I for one choke when I get an invoice from BOC every three months of $39.70 for bottle rental but wear it for the priviledge of owning a kegging system.

:icon_cheers:

Pretty expensive way of doing things.

If you purchased a cylinder outright for say $300 and put it on your credit card, and then paid $12 per month off the credit card, you'd have the cylinder paid off at the end of month 33 with total interest paid of $91. Then the cylinder would be yours to keep forever with no more payment. That's based on an interest rate of 20%.

If your interest rate was 15% and you paid off $20 per month on the credit card, the cylinder would be yours after month 17. If you paid off $24 per month the cylinder would be yours after just 14 months with only $28 paid in interest.

i didnt think it was that expensive...... i thought $12 per month was pretty good seeing you only pay 12 bucks per month and fill your gas bottle like once a year.

i do plan on buying my own gas cylinder eventually :beer:

Yes, it's also a convenience thing, they are just up the street here on Bribie Island and I just pay every three months like the other bills. Three dollars fifty a week, not worth risking an aneurism over. I was looking at the smaller buy-outright bottles at the LHBS where you swap when required. A good deal but what happens if they (hopefully not - but always possible) go out of business, or have a spat with the gas mob and I have to do a 60k round trip to the nearest LHBS in Morayfield. Or worse end up with a boat anchor.

Back