CO2 in Melbourne (again)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moonhead

Reaction score
Sorry to bring up this topic, again, but it appears to have been a few years since the last thread!

What are currently the best options for CO2 in Melbourne? I've currently got a KK 6kg bottle, but the swap price seems a little high, and they're in Spingvale (I'm in Reservoir!), and they're closed until the 9th of Jan!

Are people getting these refilled (where? open weekends?), or are people using MKOL kegs nowadays and swapping those? Is there another option I haven't considered?

Greensborough home brewing do keg king and MKOL swaps! Even closer to you is Home Make It but don't know if they do KK swaps

You could try supagas out on the Hume at somerton. I've just moved into the big world of kegging so keen to see what options are out there. I have a 2.6 kege king which I was planning to swap at Greensy home brew.

DU99 said:
main question who will be open
Grain and grape seems to be pretty much the only option until 9 Jan, everybody else seems to be closed until then. Might be worth a ring before heading their way though to make sure they have a swap ready to go or can refill.

Bridges said:
You could try supagas out on the Hume at somerton. I've just moved into the big world of kegging so keen to see what options are out there. I have a 2.6 kege king which I was planning to swap at Greensy home brew.
That was my initial thought, get my cylinder refilled at Supagas, who seems to be open on Saturdays. Wasn't sure if they do this, or if they only swap over their own cylinders... Will get in contact with them and find out...

Back