Co2 In Brisbane

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Duff

Worst Website Ever....
Reaction score
Where does everyone get their gas in Brisbane? Air Liquide shows a Wacol address. Any other options?

I've got mine from Craftbrewer's.

Edit: i believe they're swap only

Depends what you are Duff, there is BOC and Air Liquide and Craftbrewer and all the Brewer Choice stores do the mykegonlegs cylinders and then there are some fire extinguisher mobs that will do refills for the home brewer.

cheers

Browndog

Just visiting or here to stay mate?

The fire extinguisher guys fill mine while I wait for half the price of craftbrewer. $7 a kg.

A side effect from using fire extinguisher carbon dioxide is I can no longer light my farts. They just blow out the match.

Do craft brewer just swap any my kegs on legs bottles? You don't have to have purchased it from there originally etc? I bought one second hand and have never had to fill it.

The fire extinguisher guys fill mine while I wait for half the price of craftbrewer. $7 a kg.

A side effect from using fire extinguisher carbon dioxide is I can no longer light my farts. They just blow out the match.

BAhahahahahaaa..... very good. Mark, craftbrewer swaps the bottles. As long as it is a mykegonlegs one that is.

cool, yeah it says my kegs on legs on the side. It's a bit rough though.

Do craft brewer just swap any my kegs on legs bottles? You don't have to have purchased it from there originally etc? I bought one second hand and have never had to fill it.

Yes we do Mark, doesn't matter where you purchased from.

cheers Ross

If you are on the Northside, then the Brew4you in Virginia refills on the spot if you bring your bottle straight from the freezer (and theirs isn't empty). Or you can drop off and pick up later. They swap as well. 2.3kg for $25, and 4.6 for $50.

ozaquatec.com do CO2

in morningside (on the river off lytton road)

they also can test cylinders and fill on site (also your scuba tank tests ect )

i have not used them but have spoken to them and they fill fire EX gear but i dont know how they feel about dip tubes etc
about $10 a kg i think

If you are on the Northside, then the Brew4you in Virginia refills on the spot if you bring your bottle straight from the freezer (and theirs isn't empty). Or you can drop off and pick up later. They swap as well. 2.3kg for $25, and 4.6 for $50.

Nice, I'd rather give craftbrewer my business but if I run out of gas and I'm in a hurry that place is quite close to me. Mine is a 6kg one though?

Shouldn't be a problem Mark, as long as he has enough gas left, maybe give him a call first. The place is a three minute drive from where I am (have moved since you've been at mine last time), so I can just quickly dug out when I'm out of gas, rather than waiting until the next sheduled CB trip. Had a few gas leaks on the small bottle, so it came in really handy.

the guy who fills mine alway takes a night 'cause he has to freeze the CO2 bottle to completely fill it.

Depends what you are Duff, there is BOC and Air Liquide and Craftbrewer and all the Brewer Choice stores do the mykegonlegs cylinders and then there are some fire extinguisher mobs that will do refills for the home brewer.

cheers

Browndog

Just visiting or here to stay mate?

Hi Tony,

Moved down 2 months ago with work, living now in Oxley. Only ever rented a bottle through Air Liquide in the past due to moving around but here will be a fairly permanent placement so might look into a MKOL, whatever the best value may be. Third of 4 Baccus FWK's fermenting now while waiting for the Braumeister to arrive, got two kegs in the fridge that are cold and need some loving :D

Thanks for all the replies.

Cheers - Brett.

Hi All,

I have an old (less than 10 years) BOC bottle that I aquired, does anyone know who would fill it for me wihtout asking questions?

I dont know the exact size but its not the G size bottle.

Thanks

i had my CO2 bottle filled and hydro tested at oz aquatec yesterday

http://www.ozaquatec.com
phone: 07 3399 1413
Address: 3/160 Riverside Place Morningside QLD 4170
Email: [email protected]

they were very professional and looked after me very well and they can certify pressure vessels, do scuba stuff and lots more i am sure as they had some interesting looking test equipment

they don't really fill on demand, more like overnight as they like to do a run of CO2 to save on waste / labor
best to give them a call to check best day to drop off and they are shutting shop over xmas

costs are

$45 for a hydro test

CO2 $ roughly
upto 2.3 = $22
then roughly $10 a kg getting cheaper the more you buy 5kg = $8kg (+-)

Brewers choice Wacol & Chapel Hill fill on the spot.
I got 6kg for $45 on Saturday.
no particular brand of cylinder required.

Latest posts

Back