Co2 Cylinders - Sydney

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gruntus

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have found a guy who has access to CO2 cylinders for sale and he has indicated that for a bulk cash sale he would be able to offer a big discount....he hasn't yet let me know the exact $$$ as its probably dependant on the numbers. If we can get the numbers I'm sure we could probably get them for less than $200.

These cylinders are slightly smaller than D size (D Size can take approx 10KG's). These cylinders can take approx 9KG's and have been imported from USA. They are legit and brand new. He has indicated that he will also do CO2 refills for $25...and he can do nitrogen mix if required.

I think we should limit this buy to anyone in Syndey as postage would be to hard to organise. If anyone is interested then PM me and I can provide more details.

Cheers,
Gruntus.

I'm in, depending on the final price and where we can get these refilled. Will BOC agents fill non-BOC rented cylinders, or do we have to go through this guy?

Do they have Aus valves/threads? I understand the US has different fittings to us.

I'm not sure of BOC's policies...it might help if you check with your local BOC. The guy has indicated that these cylinders are legitamely stamped and tested.

Do they have Aus valves/threads? I understand the US has different fittings to us.
These are fitted with a Type30 fitting...this is required by Australian standards for all CO2 cylinders....apologies in advance if I get some of the lingo wrong.

what goes ???? in the night

anyone else in Sydney area want to give BOC the flick?

what goes ???? in the night

anyone else in Sydney area want to give BOC the flick?

GTF I'm not at all interested in being a nark but .....

its the refilling capacity that makes this a query at this stage. The price is right but ...Where will you need to go to refill these bottles ? BOC will almost certainly NOT refill these so you will need to find an alternative source, particularly if your mate goes out of business. If he can sort that out, he'll be swamped with prospective buyers.

I will check with him tomorrow about his policies on refills....other gas only sellers (apart from BOC) should have similar policies. This guy is in the business of selling gas....not CO2 cylinders....you just need to find a local gas supplier other than BOC.

BTW: I only met this guy on Monday so I'm not affiliated with him in any way...I still call him Maaaate though ;)

How many we going to need o make it work o Faltulant one?

We have 4 so far (price dependant)...I will give him a ring tomorrow to see what he can do for 4....he sort of indicated $200 but he didn't mention if that included gas.

When i spoke to him yesterday he indicated that if we could get 10 (he only has 8 at his factory) then he would get me to deal with his mate directly.

Me thinks if we could get 10 then maybe $150 (fingers crossed).

Spoke to the local gas supplier this morning....as it currently stands (4 units) he will do gas & cylinder for $200.

I don't think we can get better than that unless we do 10+ units.

He indicated that he usually fills any privately owned gas cylinder as long as it is in date and legit. He said the same should go for any other gas supplier....other than the suppliers that also hire cylinders (e.g. BOC, etc). He also indicated that it may be possible to use your private cylinder in a swap and go program....not 100% sure about this one.

I'm happy to go ahead at $200 a pop because my BOC rental is about to run out of gas. Should we go ahead or try and get 10+?

$200 for a brand new 9KG cylinder full of gas with refills for $25 sounds pretty good to me if they're all stamped, tested and legal.

Importing cylinders from the US is nothing unusual, mykegsonlegs import their own from these guys: http://www.catalinacylinders.com/

Richy

$200 for a brand new 9KG cylinder full of gas with refills for $25 sounds pretty good to me if they're all stamped, tested and legal.
But wait that's not all...you also get a free set of steak knives... :p ...another shameless bump

BTW: The gas guy said that he's happy to allow for people to pick these cylinders up themselves...so you can check them out before buying.

If we get another 6 (10 in total) people by tomorrow lunchtime then I think its best to hang out until his supplier returns and attempt to get a better price. If we don then I think I will pick one up in the afternoon.

Cheers,
Gruntus

Oh Mr Flatulent, it looks like we're not going to get the magic 10 so if you do pick up one this afternoon, can you show us some pics?

Cheers
Richy

We have 4 so far (price dependant)...I will give him a ring tomorrow to see what he can do for 4....he sort of indicated $200 but he didn't mention if that included gas.

When i spoke to him yesterday he indicated that if we could get 10 (he only has 8 at his factory) then he would get me to deal with his mate directly.

Me thinks if we could get 10 then maybe $150 (fingers crossed).

I would be interested if we could get close to 150. Would have to ask a mate to pick it up in Sydney but I will sort it out when it happens.

I would be interested if we could get close to 150. Would have to ask a mate to pick it up in Sydney but I will sort it out when it happens.

Hi Unterberg,

I could not hang out for 10+ because my BOC cylinder ran out (must of been karma)....i picked up the new cylinder this evening. I was pretty impressed with the cylinder....a 9KG catalina cylinder (the same manufacturer of MKOL cylinders but bigger) and it was pressure tested/filled and stamped....all to Aus Standards.

I will update the post with pics and details as this may inspire some more interest. I will watch the post and if there appears to be more interest (10+) then I will see what he can offer. If you cant hang out for 10+ then the guy was happy to supply individually at $200 a pop (cylinder+gas).

Gruntus

I though I would post a pic of the cylinder just in case anyone else wants to get one....maybe get more interest for a 10+ buy.

The cylinder is manufactured by Catalina and is a B20 - 9.1kg.
Cylinder.jpg

As you can see (below) it is bigger (but not too big) than my BOC offering.
NewOld.jpg

If there are any more questions then just ask away.

Gruntus.

Latest posts

Back