Co2 Cylinder Hire

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tickstar

Reaction score
Hi,

Been AG-ing for a while and now putting together keg system (no more bloody bottles!).

After um-ing and ah-ing I've decided for now to give my hard earned cash to one of the evil corporations and hire a Co2 cylinder. Would love to buy a My Keg on Legs cylinder but with the impending birth of Jnr #1, outlaying that much cash is not an option at the mo. I know from searching posts it's about $10 a month rental but can anyone tell me if you have to fork out a years rental upfront? Or can you pay by the month?

Thanks

You can rent the bottle daily and its invoiced monthly.

It was about $10 per month.

I have a feeling it is more in NSW..... unsure. I could be wrong...just have a feeling

Deffinatley consider the mykegsonlegs option.... you own the bottle and is paid off in a year or two.

Pok

Hi,

Been AG-ing for a while and now putting together keg system (no more bloody bottles!).

After um-ing and ah-ing I've decided for now to give my hard earned cash to one of the evil corporations and hire a Co2 cylinder. Would love to buy a My Keg on Legs cylinder but with the impending birth of Jnr #1, outlaying that much cash is not an option at the mo. I know from searching posts it's about $10 a month rental but can anyone tell me if you have to fork out a years rental upfront? Or can you pay by the month?

Thanks

Pay quarterly in advance with supagas

Thanks for the info everyone. I'll give supagas a call tomorrow. Looking at their website looks like they may deliver it for free too, which would be a great help.

Would love to own my own cylinder, but will probably need to rent for 6 months while I save up for one.

Thanks again.

I've got a Supagas cylinder at the moment and I paid a years rental up-front - I didn't think to question it at the time. :(
The delivery is good though, they deliver for free, and if you run out of gas they will collect the empty one and deliver a fresh cylinder for the price of a fill ($45 if I recall...). They deliver to my area twice a week, so the frequency is quite good and you won't have to wait ages for a fresh cylinder. Beware that you need to pay the fill cost upfront as well though when you first arrange the rental.

Alternatively, I just bought a fire extinguisher to use when my rental is up in a few months. I got it on ebay after seeing it in the ebay thread here, the seller has another one identical for sale HERE
For $110 I think it is a bargain. Its a 3.5kg cylinder and you will need an adaptor to hook it up to your reg (I read ~$15) but the cheapest price I had seen previously was also on ebay but $195. If you go directly through Chubb it will cost you about $300.
I picked mine up last night from Liverpool and even though I won't need it for a little while yet I'm happy that I now own a cylinder forever and won't be paying rental again.

Hi,

Thanks

Can anyone tell me if they know of anyone selling CO2 cylinders on the Mornington pennisula in Melbourne? Also I am trying to find someone that services fire extinguishers in the same area ? Found someone in Berwick but was wondering if there is someone closer?

Buster

anyone know where to rent a cylinder in Perth?

i can't quite afford to buy one just yet, so rental maybe worth it.

Well...called my local supagas outlet yesterday and asked for pricing information. $7 per month rental, but I can't remember what the lady said about refill cost coz all I could hear was $200 deposit!!!! You gotta be kidding me!?!?!

Anyone else had to pay such a ridiculous deposit?? If that's the way BOC and Air Liquide are going I'll be buying a My keg on legs cylinder! Can anyone tell me how much BOC or AL charge for deposit, if anything?

I'm not in NSW, but I rent from BOC and pay online through an account.

$10 per month, no deposit. I got a refill yesterday and it cost me $54 for beer gas.

WJ

I got my bill yesterday from boc for a 6kg d size and it was 40 bucks. Havnt seen rental yet. Will know at end of month.

Called BOC who offer quarterly payment with no deposit. Will be going with them.

Thanks for all the replies!

Chris

5 kg extinguisher. No deposit, About $100 to buy. About $30 and beer to fill.

where did you get that from lurker? and where do you get them filled. In that other thread you could only get them for $190.

TWOC and Gryphon sell them for $290/250 respectively.

where did you get that from lurker? and where do you get them filled. In that other thread you could only get them for $190.

TWOC and Gryphon sell them for $290/250 respectively.

I think he ran out of old steel extinguishers (which were in a thow out bin) and is doing ali ones so probably more expensive now, but do a search on this site for "Eversafe" or various key words to dig up contact details for John.

Back