Co2 Cylinder Hire

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hired my 9kg cylinder from some place in Hornsby a couple of years ago. It's about $130+gst I think. I haven't had to refill it yet, but I think a refill is about $30. Does anyone know where you can extinguisher's refilled in Sydney?
eric

got my bill from BOC for bottle rental recently $137 for 12 months

think is the d size bottle (9kg)??

Slightly OT - If one of the major CO2 suppliers forgot to pick up a CO2 cylinder when they dropped off a full one, is there anyone that will fill the old one?

ive been trying to answer that question too , havent found anyone yet but havent looked real hard either

Certainly is Rukh. Just go to what ever company that owns the cylinder and open a monthly account and get another full cylinder. Wait a few weeks and return your empty cylinder and your left with a full cylinder that your not paying rent on.

When its empty just do the same again.

Its what i do - i was given a CO2 bottle as part of the sweetner when buying a font. The only trap is i have to go back to him to fill it up but since he runs an engy comp its worked so far. I pay $52 to fill up what i think is a 12kg bottle. He even suggested he could get me the N2/CO2 mix......

Dunno how the system works, but couldn't you get the empty refilled as if the empty was your only bottle?
According to them you only have one bottle, so as long as they don't see the second they'd just think its the bottle?

Edit: too slow :D

After um-ing and ah-ing I've decided for now to give my hard earned cash to one of the evil corporations and hire a Co2 cylinder. Would love to buy a My Keg on Legs cylinder but with the impending birth of Jnr #1, outlaying that much cash is not an option at the mo. I know from searching posts it's about $10 a month rental but can anyone tell me if you have to fork out a years rental upfront? Or can you pay by the month?
Thanks

pssh. whats the worry? thats what the baby bonus is for :eek:
joe

Thanks Paul. I'll pass this on to.. umm... my friend.

Edit: Thanks everyone for their quick replies!

5 kg extinguisher. No deposit, About $100 to buy. About $30 and beer to fill.

I got roughly the same deal here in Hobart,

Used 5kg fire extinguisher, dip tube removed, retested and purchased for $ 140.

Refill at fire equipment place for $35.

No annual fees just a retest in 5yrs time (approx $50)

Link to Fire Equipment Place

Cheers,
PJO

pssh. whats the worry? thats what the baby bonus is for :eek:
joe

Hmmm....beer bonus..um, i mean baby bonus :p Hadn't thought about that. Will have to ask the treasurer to reconsider her previous decision.........

Latest posts

Back