Where Can I Hire A Co2 Cylinder In Brisbane?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

New2thebrew

Reaction score
Have all but completed my kegging set-up, just need to get a CO2 cylinder.

Thought about buying one, but I've shelled out a fair bit on the kegs etc. recently, and might be pushing my luck forking out another $350 for a cylinder from the HBS so soon.

I've read that you can hire a cylinder from BOC, however I can't find anything on their website about whether they still do it, how much etc.

Alternatively, if anyone is looking to sell a cylinder in the Brisbane / Gold Coast / Sunshine Coast area, I'm interested.

Cheers :party:

Have all but completed my kegging set-up, just need to get a CO2 cylinder.

Thought about buying one, but I've shelled out a fair bit on the kegs etc. recently, and might be pushing my luck forking out another $350 for a cylinder from the HBS so soon.

I've read that you can hire a cylinder from BOC, however I can't find anything on their website about whether they still do it, how much etc.

Alternatively, if anyone is looking to sell a cylinder in the Brisbane / Gold Coast / Sunshine Coast area, I'm interested.

Cheers :party:

There are heaps of BOC agents around. Even here on Bribie Island. Just rock up with photo and address ID, pay for the refill (5kg bottle around $40) sign up and get the work experience dude to put the bottle in your boot. Then in a week or so and then every 3 months you will get a service bill for about $36. For the cost of eight schooners every three months I don't have a hissy fit.

Edit: I think it might actually be 10k - senior moment. It's called "Food fresh VT size". Got mine last August and it still hasn't run out after about 80 kegs. :beerbang:

There are heaps of BOC agents around. Even here on Bribie Island. Just rock up with photo and address ID, pay for the refill (5kg bottle around $40) sign up and get the work experience dude to put the bottle in your boot. Then in a week or so and then every 3 months you will get a service bill for about $36. For the cost of eight schooners every three months I don't have a hissy fit.

Yep, I'm past the price bit, in fact this week I'm taking Bin L out there to get his own so when his soda stream bottles run dry he'll be set for the long haul.

My last refill (5years ago LOOONG before I started kegging) was IIRC $32, so $40 sounds about right given inflation etc.

OT: I'd advise to just keep an eye on that firm's billing if you sign up. Sometimes it is fine, but because I have an account, work for a moderately- sized state dept, lots of our staff buy stuff OTC from them and when asked "account, card or cash?" my colleagues foolishly mention our dept's name and so most of the work experience noobs on the other side of the counter attach the sale to my workshop's account (mine must be first in the list) and they send me the friggin' bill! :angry: Lately they do this even when it was effing paid for at sale with a credit card! :blink:
Gives me the utter shits, I am closing the account and starting a new one, without the dept's name in it... I bounce invoices regularly plus I've called and written several times to get it rectified but they must have an archaic and/ or half- arsed billing system, so when dealing with them my advice is to scrutinise the account very closely and question anything untoward. Or not- mine may just be an isolated case or they do it for shits & giggles because they know it annoys the piss out of me... :lol:

i think it pays off to shell out the $350 to buy as well, i havn't refilled mine yet (mkol co2 large one), its been going strong for near 2 years (maybe more)

Rde, fear not, the high tech up to the minute accounts department at BOC are endeavouring, even as I type, to rectify your problems

scrooge_cratchit.jpg

Perhaps too generous BG- they have accountants???
Nah look, its probably just me, they got a rise out of me first time so they have kept doing it for their own amusement. Reckon I would, given half a chance, I'd see the funny side! :D

Even more OT, I know another department pays their bills on time even without anyone in it receiving the goods. Rolled me up because it was my orders they paid for, not just once but twice! Trouble is, that's all of our hard earned taxes at work... :( Ahh, what can ye do...

Rde, fear not, the high tech up to the minute accounts department at BOC are endeavouring, even as I type, to rectify your problems

View attachment 39427

Not a fan of BOC ATM. Bye own bottle asap if possible.
I had been in account credit with BOC for over a year and a half paying more than due before the due date. As soon as account went to debit because of mailing address discrepancy I received a nasty letter wanting to engage solicitors etc etc for a messily amount. What a bunch of wankers, engaging legal action for less than fifty bucks after good credit history. I realize it's probably computer generated but who needs the hassle?.
I'll be buying a bottle asap without forgoing ingredients to brew with of coarse, they come first.
Daz

Hi New2thebrew,

I hire from Supagas a 10kg cylinder and it cost about $40 for the gas and $13.50 per month rental.

If you lose it they will charge you $550 to replace it.

They deliver on a weekly basis to brisbane metro, but I could not wait so I picked up from Beenleigh.

Basement

Back