Club Direction for 2014

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pmastello

Reaction score
Hi all,
after another small meetup this weekend, we would like to try a few new things with the club to generate some more interest and improve the clubs activities.

1. Regular, scheduled meetups. Approx. 4 per year / Every 3 months where we all can catch up, swap brews and maybe cook a BBQ. At least one of these (Possibly Christmas time) will include a case swap

2. Other scheduled events - Meet the Brewer day (Potters), Newcastle Pub crawl, group brew day. Some other ideas could include a lecture by professional brewers, BJCP tasting course, single ingredient brews.

3. Improved communication to members - this was discussed at the meeting and Kingsley has offered to setup an email system. Email will inform members of upcoming events. The forum can remain for discussing topics such as group brew recipes, case swaps, etc. Announcements and events will also be advertised on our other forum http://centralcoastbrewers.forumotion.com/

4. Member recruiting - Create some signs and flyers for distribution to homebrew shops.

One of the most important things, in my opinion, is having a calendar of events set out for the entire year. That way it can be communicated to all members early and people can plan their schedules around it. I've done a rough guide of our calender, let me know what you think.

Meetup/Swaps
13th April - Long Jetty park
13th July - Venue TBA
12th October - venue TBA
14th December - Venue TBA (Christmas party - Case swap)

In addition to these meetups,

15th May - Group brew (Barley wine yeast experiment)
14th September - Meet the brewer at Potters, Murray's or Six String - TBA

I would be really happy to hear everyones thoughts and ideas on how we can make the brewclub a bit better this year

Pete

there was a meeting last weekend. bugger, didn't know about it

all other items seem like good suggestions

Nah Josh, not really. This text was just copy/pasted from a post I made a few months ago.
However there was an impromptu meeting at the Warners at the Bay Beer festival on Sunday. You did miss quite a good time there.

Pete

Gingerbrew said:
However there was an impromptu meeting at the Warners at the Bay Beer festival on Sunday. You did miss quite a good time there.
Yeah, I was stuck on a plane. Grrr.
I guess beer tasting on top of jet-lag would not be a good scene.

Latest posts

Back