Cloudy Beer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

patbick

Reaction score
I am very new to all this brewing, can someone help I have and new Morgans Brew kit and have started brewing now the brew is ready for bottling.Itis the Australian Lager and when I was testing the final reading with the hydometer the beer looked very mirky and cloudy.Will this clear eventually or will it be cloudy when drinking it? :(

I am very new to all this brewing, can someone help I have and new Morgans Brew kit and have started brewing now the brew is ready for bottling.Itis the Australian Lager and when I was testing the final reading with the hydometer the beer looked very mirky and cloudy.Will this clear eventually or will it be cloudy when drinking it? :(

mine was cloudy when I bottled it, but a few weeks in the bottle and it cleared up nicely.... yours should do the same..... just have to wait for all the yeast and small bits and pieces to settle ...

If you took the reading from the fermenter tap then it's likely you would have got a little yeast in the sample. Anyway, it will clear up in the bottle after it's had time to sit for awhile and carbonate. If it still looks murky, then stick it in the fridge for a couple of days before drinking. The cooler temperature will help it clear up as well.

Latest posts

Back