Citra Pale Ale

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

indica86

Reaction score
Coopers Pale Ale BE2 250g Medium Crystal 90g Citra 10 Citra @ 20 25 Citra @ 10 25 Citra @ 5 30 Citra Dry Hop
US-05 yeast

I had an empty fermenter and no grain - no LHBS either...

Early taste and oh so yummy!

You have 180g of citra in there?
What is it comparable to commercial beer?

90 all up - ingredients, then method listed.
Like a nice, gentle, hoppy aussie style

Bottled on the 3rd and I had one last night. Very nice drop indeed.
All I need to do now is keep it out of the fridge for a while and not drink it all early.

Steep the crystal in 10 litres @ 65°, then boil that after removing the grains.
23 in the fermenter. Fermented @ 18°. Dry hopped for 6 days after FG reached.

I did a similar all grain brew but I used 100% pils malt and used some other hops for bitterness, but you'll already have bittering from the kit.

Turned out fantastic, was yours super fruity with the 30g citra dry?

My last batch was similar. I used DME instead of BE2, and didn't steep any grains but I did have a similar boil schedule. Great beer.

Super fruity it is.
I have only had 2 bottles as it is too early

Good to see that you didn't get the cat pee aroma that others often speak of when dry hopping Citra. One of my best kit beers used a combination of Citra and Cascade and I'm now planning a partial brew along the same lines.

No cat pee at all.... I would have posted that on the Coopers forum but they pulled it.

Hah. Well I've got a hopped cider dry hopped with citra in a mini-cube now, doesn't smell like cat's piss but it's different.

Smells much better in a beer still.

Nelson Sauvin can give you a kind of cat piss aroma.... but not citra. Just fruity goodness :beerbang:

Brewing Goat said:
How are your brews coming along Dread??
Yeah good drinking the coopers steam ale kit at the moment dry hopped with some cascade and citra for a laugh, tastes good waiting for a pale ale and a lcpa to bottle condition atm. Loving my new hobby ha ha

Dread82 said:
Yeah good drinking the coopers steam ale kit at the moment dry hopped with some cascade and citra for a laugh, tastes good waiting for a pale ale and a lcpa to bottle condition atm. Loving my new hobby ha ha
Sweet mate, just bottled a Fruit Salad Pale Ale ala the Coopers website with a few tweaks. Has a nice subtle hoppy smell, and tastes the business. Looking forward to cracking one on just over a weeks time. Comon already!

Latest posts

Back