Citra Hops?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adz2332

Reaction score
Ok before we start i know its been said, just piss in a bottle and there u go corona! lol
But in saying that im not reali going for a corana per say.
Anyway!

what i was thinking is

COOPERS INTERNATIONAL Mexican Cerveza
Coppers Brew enhancer 2 (or mayb 1 for a lighter body???)
500g dex
Done to 23ltrs

Hops - was going to boil for 15 mins some Citra hops but cant get my hands on it anywhere. Whats an easier to get Lime flav hops?

Yeast - i can only get temps to around 20 -22 so cant use Saflager W34/70. What would you recommend?

any tips or advice?

Thanks

Have you tried Craftbrewer? Ross is selling Citra hops.

As for yeast - id go with US05 if you cant get your temps into lager yeast territory.

Hops - was going to boil for 15 mins some Citra hops but cant get my hands on it anywhere.

Can't get them? Craftbrewer has them in stock - I bought some a few days ago.
...though not sure I'd waste this hop an a Corona clone. IMHO, if you want the lime-wedge flavour, stick with a wedge of lime. No hops will give you the same fresh lime-juice taste.

Alternatively, NZ Southern Cross has a slight lemony aroma to it, though you risk getting increased IBU's boiling this for any length of time, as it's about 15%aa.

I took an all Citra IPA to the BABBs meeting last night and all the comments were, lychees, mango and fruit salad.

cheers

Browndog

Awsome thanks guys ill check out craftbrewer... to be hosnest i didnt know about the i always have used brewmaker. :S

And yer US05 was thinking was the way to go

Ok before we start i know its been said, just piss in a bottle and there u go corona! lol
But in saying that im not reali going for a corana per say.
Anyway!

what i was thinking is

COOPERS INTERNATIONAL Mexican Cerveza
Coppers Brew enhancer 2 (or mayb 1 for a lighter body???)
500g dex
Done to 23ltrs

Hops - was going to boil for 15 mins some Citra hops but cant get my hands on it anywhere. Whats an easier to get Lime flav hops?

Yeast - i can only get temps to around 20 -22 so cant use Saflager W34/70. What would you recommend?

any tips or advice?

Thanks

Maybe use some glacier, it gives a lemony flavour.

awsome just looking at craftbrewers site now! excellent site!!!
It comes in 90grams citra, how much should i boil do u think?

awsome just looking at craftbrewers site now! excellent site!!!
It comes in 90grams citra, how much should i boil do u think?

As has been said, you won't get lime from citra, you should give glacier a go if you are looking for that kind of flavour. Citra will give you mango/lychee. Anyway if you want to go with citra, it's flavour is quite intense, 30g for 15 min will give you quite a flavour hit.

cheers

browndog

glacier is more lemon right? nothing more limeish?

If it was me - id forget the hops altogether... and add a wedge of real lime in the bottle as u would with a corona

glacier is more lemon right? nothing more limeish?

No mate, there are no hops that will give you that kind of flavour, have you thought about adding some lime juice to your fermented wort?

yer guess that could be just as easy hey....
again if i went then with galcier. how much would i be needing to use and boil for how long? cheers

yer guess that could be just as easy hey....
again if i went then with galcier. how much would i be needing to use and boil for how long? cheers

it will only be a very subtle flavour at best, same deal maybe 30g for 15 min.

you will be way off with any hop, IMO carona does not have a hop flavour so just stick with the kit, if you want any hops in it go with the hops they use in carona and that is Galena.

EDIT:even using galena late will probably not be right for the beer.

has anyone made the kit using BE1? and done it again using BE2?

if you want to get all fancy you can use the coopers kit and get your self some rice extract, the rice extract wont add flavour but it will add alc boil some hops and your done.

I took an all Citra IPA to the BABBs meeting last night and all the comments were, lychees, mango and fruit salad.

cheers

Browndog

& it was nice to :icon_cheers:

Cheers
Paul

Just dry-hopped my citra IPA with 30g. smelling fantastic at the moment!

Latest posts

Back