Citra Hop

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

falcon250

Reaction score
G'day all,

I recently remembered that I have a packet of citra hop pellets in the fridge that need to be used, would like to try and create an easy drinking summer style ale, any ideas?

95% Pilsner Malt
5% Vienna Malt

Enough Citra at 45 min for 15 IBU and enough at 10m for another 15-20IBU to make 30-35 IBU all up.

US-05.

Great hop, always have some and Nelson in my freezer.

Goomba

95% Pilsner Malt
5% Vienna Malt

Enough Citra at 45 min for 15 IBU and enough at 10m for another 15-20IBU to make 30-35 IBU all up.

US-05.

Great hop, always have some and Nelson in my freezer.

Goomba

Winner winner chicken dinner!

That'll be very tasty recipe indeed....might have to add that one to the "to brew list" (someone should make an "app" titled like that...)

I find citra can be a bit polarising and tend to err on the side of caution when using it.
I think it is an awesome hop when subtle, otherwise it can be a bit one dimensional IMHO

I find citra can be a bit polarising and tend to err on the side of caution when using it.
I think it is an awesome hop when subtle, otherwise it can be a bit one dimensional IMHO

You're right, which means two things - 1. Make sure you balance the bitterness to avoid too much fruitsalad and 2. Get a malt to add dimension to the beer.

Plays well with Nelson Sauvin, Galaxy and to a lesser extent Cascade (so long as Cascade isn't too much).

Goomba

Latest posts

Back