Circulating Pump For All Grains

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats the one I set up to run the water from the HLT to the MLT. Worked great until I installed it and broke it. Was not the units fault it was the dumb arse unit installing it.

Cheers

I use one of those pumps too. They are great little units.

I ONLY use it for transfer of strike and sparge water from HLT to mash tun, no wort goes near it. But for this purpose, they are fantastic.

I have been looking at them too they are made out of the same material as the rotor of the march pump is made out of so it should be right for contact with wort

Cheers matho

well I took the plunge and bought one and it arrived today so i took it apart and took some pics.

pump4.JPG

pump1.JPG

Im happy with how it is constructed and the wet parts are
Hi-Temp Ryton Plastic- PPS (food grade)
Brass Inlet/Outlet
Viton "0" Ring
Hi-Temp Ryton (PPS) Impeller
Ceramic Ferrite Magnet

it should suit my project very well, i bought the 15w version which cost me $95 delivered

cheers matho

this pump has me concerned as the ceramic magnet is exposed and i did a bit of research and found out that hard ceramic ferrite can be made with either strontium which there is no reports of being harmful and the other one is barium which can be poisonous. I have emailed the manufacture to see if they will tell me what it is made out of. Its a bit of a bugger because it worked really well.

cheers matho

edit: while we are on pumps has anyone seen these pumps chugger pumps they look the goods i wonder if they would post to OZ

Latest posts

Back