Cider Stuff up

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rothy

Reaction score
Hey guys, tried the mangrove cider, but i missread and dumped the flavouring instead of the sweetener in the fermenter, the bag says to add the flavouring24 hrs prior to bottling, i imagine i'll have little flavour at drinking time?

Rothy said:
Hey guys, tried the mangrove cider, but i missread and dumped the flavouring instead of the sweetener in the fermenter, the bag says to add the flavouring24 hrs prior to bottling, i imagine i'll have little flavour at drinking time?
Should be fine

The mrs made one of these kits and did the same thing
It was darker than usual and a little less fruity, was still a great cider
And ignore the previous comment, it's a personal preference thing

I found it gave a really metallic taste! Each to their own though, I use lactose sparingly (200g per 20l batch) but others also complain about this

Probably something like aspartame that can leave a nasty twang for some people. I'm ok with it, at least with the Coke Zero I might drink once a month when I'm out somewhere.

If you are bottling then all the cider kits ferment out to around zero. To sweeten it on drinking so that it's more like a Bulmers or Mercury cider, a good trick is just to add a splash of Bickfords Cloudy Apple Cordial (Coles etc) to the glass on serving.

Quaffing one right now. hic.

Back