Cider Fermentation Time

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whatwhat

Reaction score
Hi I recently put on a apple cider batch, eight days ago to be exact. Black Rock apple cider 1kg dextrose 250g corn syrup 250 lactose i have used a wine yeast I am wondering if this will take longer to reach FG? The batch started life at 1044 and eight days later is still 1026. The brew has been kept at a fairly regular 16 degrees. It seems that my first venture in to cider is taking far longer than my eforts in the beer world to ferment. Is this normal?

Pretty normal. As long as it's dropping then just be patient and wait it out. The brew will be better in the long run.

The blackrock can's instructions state to leave it for fourteen days. I've just done a cider at 19C and I left it for three weeks. It was absolutely clear at bottling.

Hirns :icon_cheers:

Thanks for that people. I had put the can in the trash and for some reason remembered 5 -7 days for primary

Just bottled my first try at cider took over 4 weeks then i wasnt sure because sg was 1010 so left another 4 days same reading so i bottled.

Seems to take longer to carb once bottled as well. Patience is the key.

Back